Delayed Sound and then delayd Video (1 Viewer)

royne

Portal Member
January 4, 2007
Asker
Home Country
Norway Norway
When changing channel the video plays for a while, and then stops. Then the audio starts, and the video is frozen until it has caught up with where the video froze. After that, both audio and video plays nicely. This problem is reproducable and only happens on some channels. When testing different video and sound codecs, i have the same or other starange issues on theese channels
I have seen this problem since i started with MP in the "Old Days". And a lot of other people have reported the same problem, but i don't think anyone in the "Great Team" are aware of this problem.
I will do some more systematic testing and send logs later.
Se other trees with the same problem:
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/get-support-90/delayed-audio-after-channel-change-38569/
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/1-0-rc1-svn-builds-270/channel-changing-plays-catch-up-39204/
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/get-support-90/delayed-audio-1-channel-channel-not-tuned-44905/
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/1-0-rc1-svn-builds-271/delayed-sound-after-tv-channel-change-38726/

Best Regards
/roynes

royne

Portal Member
January 4, 2007
Asker
Home Country
Norway Norway
More Information.

After some more testing today, i found that MPA codec never gives sound at all, on the Cannels with problem
Cyberlink give delayed sound/picture, as described abow.

I also see that the channels i have problem with, have a lot of audoi language, i think up to 10 languages.

I have now attached logfiles after som zapping with MPA Codec.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    As we have said many times use ffdshow for audio, it's the only one that can handle all those audio channels theres around.

Regards
    Roy

grubi

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    As we have said many times use ffdshow for audio, it's the only one that can handle all those audio channels theres around.

Regards
    Roy

AC3Filter seems to work also.
    I got the same problems as described with Cyberlink and MPA audio codec.

pnyberg

Portal Pro
    August 21, 2006
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

Regards
    Roy

As long as it isn't mono sound. I have never got that to work with any other decoder than Dscaler.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,

Regards
    Roy

As long as it isn't mono sound. I have never got that to work with any other decoder than Dscaler.

Hi,
    It works for mono channels too, you have to edit in ffdshow audio configuration -> Codecs -> MP1, MP2 to mp3lib & it should work in all cases(atleast here it does ;)

Regards
    Roy

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    It works for mono channels too, you have to edit in ffdshow audio configuration -> Codecs -> MP1, MP2 to mp3lib & it should work in all cases(atleast here it does

Just a update, on the new FFDShow Tryouts for MP1\MP2 you can select libavcodec, which is a better choice and also works :)

te3hpurp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 23, 2008
    Rovaniemi
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Yeah.

I also had problems with audio after channel change.
    ffdshow works like a charm.

:)

royne

Portal Member
    January 4, 2007
    Asker
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Tanks you all for the replays.

But i still have a feeling this is a problem with MP that is not directly ralated to Codecs.
    First off all, i do not see this problem on other soulution, when using various codecs.

I have a very stable system, as long as dont switch to those channels with problem.
    You are right FFDSHOW gives sound on these channels, but when switching 3, 4 or 5 time, PM will crash.

Is there a way to find out if this is a codec problem, or a bug in MP?

/roynes

grubi

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Tanks you all for the replays.

But i still have a feeling this is a problem with MP that is not directly ralated to Codecs.
    First off all, i do not see this problem on other soulution, when using various codecs.

I have a very stable system, as long as dont switch to those channels with problem.
    You are right FFDSHOW gives sound on these channels, but when switching 3, 4 or 5 time, PM will crash.

Is there a way to find out if this is a codec problem, or a bug in MP?

/roynes

I can confirm that long time ago, some of the problematic channels also worked with the codecs which now make problems.

grubi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom