delete movie bug, cant delete tv eps (files) (1 Viewer)

BrownGhost

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 15, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Country flag
    For some time now i have not ben able to delete files.
    if i delete something mp will say nothing about it did not work, and the epp will be removed from the list.
    but the file is still there on the hard drive ;/
    see my log its saying somthing about file in use..

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Country flag
    Are your permissions setup correctly, the episode appears to be on a network share.

What happens when you try to delete the file manually from that PC? Is there anything unusual about your setup?

BrownGhost

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 15, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Country flag
    yes its a share, it has been unning file for the last year.
    and i can delete files from this chare no problem.
    there is permissions to delete from there.. ;(

the most annoying this is, okay it cant delete the file, fine, But it removes it from the folder in MP, so it looks like it was deletet grr :(
    So my disk filles up, and i dont understand why as i have deletet things.
    whan i then go the the disk via explore, i can see its filled whit crap i deletet, that was not deletet :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

When I try to delete a recorded file, the client says that it is not possible to do that. The the file is still in the list but it´s not possible to access it again. If I try to delete it a second time, nothing hapens. How come? This occured when updating to the latest version. I use a stand alone server with two DVBSky tv card and...
    When I try to delete a recorded file, the client says that it is not possible to do that. The the file is still in the list but...
    When I try to delete a recorded file, the client says that it is not possible to do that. The the file is still in the list but...
    Replies
    Views
    Have you checked if any anti-virus program could have locked the file so it can't be deleted?
    Have you checked if any anti-virus program could have locked the file so it can't be deleted?
    Before you create this bug report: Make sure that your system (Windows, codecs and drivers) is up to date, matching the...
    Replies
    Views
    Well, I've found out what it was :) People's advice to run the tvservice as the normal user was correct, but it turns out that Windows won't run a service as a user with no password. It doesn't complain when you set the user in the service properties, but fails with a login error when it tries to start the service. Adding a password...
    Well, I've found out what it was :) People's advice to run the tvservice as the normal user was correct, but it turns out that...
    I've moved a load of my old recordings onto a NAS to clear space on my internal drive. I've pointed the recording directory of an...
    Replies
    Views
    Ok, just done some more mucking around. turns out my logitech mouse seems to be extremely unresponsive in media portal. Can use my keyboard just fine (also lightspeed wireless). Suggestions?
    Ok, just done some more mucking around. turns out my logitech mouse seems to be extremely unresponsive in media portal. Can use my...
    Good evening, having just fresh installed media portal 2.3.2. Looking at trialing again as it now seems to support what I am...
    Replies
    Views
    Workaround:- Use the close "x" button in the top right hand corner of the screen and MP2 should restart without need to reboot.
    Workaround:- Use the close "x" button in the top right hand corner of the screen and MP2 should restart without need to reboot.
    Before you create this bug report: Make sure that your system (Windows, codecs and drivers) is up to date, matching the...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom