Dell HVR-1200 Remote, Philips RC197 & OVU4120 (1 Viewer)

Gorlist

Portal Member
October 10, 2008
Afternoon, ive got a Dell Remote that came with my HVR-1200, which turns out to be a Philips RC197, with a Philips OVU4120 IR USB receiver.

It worked fine on Vista, but doesn't seem supported from what I can find on WinXP. Before I discovered the manufacture I was trying a number of different drivers (mostly MCE), and the MCE Replacement, none seemed to work.

Does anyone have anyother suggestions?

Best Regards,

Gorlist

Portal Member
October 10, 2008
Ive not been able to find any Vista drivers to download - ive tracked down another topic which suggests the IR receiver does work in XP (Melloware Forums • View topic - FIXED: Harmony One with Intelliremote), however if I use the USBtester they've posted it doesn't receive any information.

Another problem im having now is when I plug in the remote theirs allot of MCE Replacement Drivers to select from (as ive tried a number), is their a way to remove them?

Thanks for the reply.

Datahacker

December 27, 2008
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I found this at the Phillips support page about the OVU412000/00. They are talking about the SRM5100/10, but it look the same to me....

Attachments

• Phillips support.JPG
    Phillips support.JPG
    132.8 KB

Gorlist

Portal Member
October 10, 2008
Thanks for taking the time, explains why it won't function, a bit of shame considering its still only an IR unit.

nip.nyborg

Portal Pro
January 12, 2007
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hi Gorlist
I have this Dell Remote, and it works perfectly on my XP-Pro SP3.
I installed it with the MCE Replacemet driver, and installed the IR Server Suite - Test Build 1.4.2.2391.
I did´t even have to set it up in IR Server Suite, it worked right after installing.
All buttons work even the guide and live TV buttons, witch did not work with the HIP software.

Gorlist

Portal Member
October 10, 2008
Interesting, did you download the MCE Replacemet drivers from this site? and which ones did you select when install the driver itself (I think their are a couple to choose from).

Gorlist

Portal Member
October 10, 2008
thanks, I still can't get mine to work, it doesn't help ive got a jumble of MCE drivers to choose from due to past attempts.

Ive downloaded the MCE Replacement Driver from this thread:
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mce-replacement-plugin-165/mce-replacement-driver-obsolete-29024/

Tried running the "install_xp.bat" however I get devcon failed.

If I browse to the directory and manually select the "mceir_xp.inf" when asked to install the driver if I plugin the USB IR unit it installs, but nothing workins in Windows/MP when I go to jab the buttons..

nip.nyborg

Portal Pro
January 12, 2007
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Have you selected the "Microsoft MCE remote" in MP-config. (Mine is running with this)
Mine only works with "up down right left and OK" in MP, before installing IR server suite. (or HIP)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom