Denon, GRemote, Gyration, RTI T2C (1 Viewer)

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Due to inadequate WAF, I am looking to replace my emulated Pronto RC (on iPAQ) with something better.
    Here are some of the candidates I am considering:
    RTI T2C
    Denon RC-7000CI
    GRemote (on HTC Wizard)
    Thomson Gyration 4101 (maybe in the package with keyboard)

The first two are very expensive, but promise to control my whole AV system without having to start my HTPC.
    GRemote looks especially interesting as a cheap and compact solution. It includes MP in its pre-configured applications, so I was surprised not to find any mention of it in the fora here.
    I have seen many positive references to the Gyration Air Mouse here. The 4101 looks like the ideal combination of RC and mouse, even though it appears to share the Air Mouse'e fragility.

Any feedback about experience with any of these (or recommendations of alternatives) would be welcome!
    The common feature I am looking for here is the combination of hard and soft (customizable touch screen) buttons.
    Any kind of mouse cursor control (AFAIK provided only by GRemote and Gyration) would be an added plus!
    My dream would be to have all of the above in a device which would understand the Pronto configurations I sweated so long over.
    TIA!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom