[Deprecated] WatchedSynchronizer (1 Viewer)

popy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 3, 2011
    Here comes the daily update :p

Changelog 0.5.4.8:
    • mapped network share (driveletter) support
    • non blocking copy at startup -> if one of the databases was offline the previous version hangs
    • non blocking event handling -> if one of the databases was offline during an event, this has blocked the complete workerthread and no other events was processed.
    • prepared the code for copy other objects (ex.: thumb folders) -> but feature is not implemented yet
    • much more i cant remember :)

This is done by using ping to check if the host is online.
    Todo for the plugin:

Have fun
    pOpY

Attachments

• CentralizedDatabase_0.5.4.8.zip
      913.6 KB

popy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 3, 2011
    And again....

Changelog 0.6.0.1:

• translation support: German and English for now
    • improved host online check for copy database/folders at startup. Before ~2sec timeout, now ~1sec (just when host is offline)
    • support for folder mirroring:
      In the config section of the plugin you can now set "SyncFolder" and "SyncFolder (with deletions)".
      It does the following:
      • copy files/folder from src to dst, when it dont exist in dst
      • copy files from src to dst, when the size differs
      • delete files/folder from dst when it dont exist in src (just when"SyncFolder (with deletions)" is selected)
    Todo for the plugin:

I am out for a while and hoping that anyone test the new features and report back. If there are any issues please set loglevel to debug and post it here. I will look at it and do my best.

Here is my working copy:

upload_2015-2-7_1-51-50.png

@antihero05: any chance that we rename the thread to CentralizedDatabase?
    Or have you an idea about an new name. Important: it MUST start with an letter before "M".
    It must load in Mediaportal before MovingPictures, MPTVSeries loads.

Have fun
    pOpY

Attachments

• CentralizedDatabase_0.6.0.1.zip
      6.6 MB
    Last edited:

popy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 3, 2011
    @antihero05:
    With all respect to your Work you have done to the great WatchedSyncronizer, ill ask a few things.
    I have saw that you merged some code to github regarding threading. Nice that you are back!!!
    If you agree with, Ill think a better way is to just use my latest source upload because WatchedSyncronizer.cs (on my version now: CentralizedDatabase.cs) has changed a lot. Merging is a waste of time ;)

What do you think about starting a new thread (you as OP) named CentralizedDatabase (or whatever Name you want with first char lower than M)?
    I have SVN access to the SourceForge project of MP plugins and ill think @high can also give you access.
    There we can create an subproject with the new name and work on the sourceforge svn servers together.
    Also we could enabled AutoUpdate of the plugin this way (upload update.xml and point to the link in the MPEI).
    So once a user has installed it and to an refresh list in Extension Manager any new update from us will popup :D

Please!! Dont get me wrong! i you dont agree and you want to continue with WatchedSyncronizer, ill have to go another way.
    The renaming was just because Mediaportal loads the plugins in alphabetical order.
    For the "Copy at startup" feature to work, the Moving Pictures, MPTVSeries databases has to be copied before the mentioned Plugins (dlls) are loaded.
    The feature works really good here and is a nice addition.
    Also the folder sync works fast and stable on my clients.

Please let me know your thinkings
    thx
    pOpY

PS: running the plugin now on 4 clients with the config posted above :p

popy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 3, 2011
    HOTFIX 0.6.0.2!!!

0.6.0.2: hotfix for dns reverse lookup. All features (sync watched status and copy at startup was broken!)
    it was my mistake, sorry!

pOpY

Attachments

• CentralizedDatabase_0.6.0.2.zip
      6.6 MB

antihero05

Portal Member
    January 12, 2015
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi popy,

I think creating a new thread for the CentralizedDatabase Plugin is the best decision.
    In that case you should be the person in charge since it semes you have the time to put more effort into this. Moving to code for Centralized Database to SVN is something you can do of course.
    I think for the community it would be way better to start CentralizedDatabase as a "new" plugin and mark WatchedSynchronizer as deprecated.
    Do you agree on this course of action?

Best Regards,
    Max

popy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 3, 2011
    Hey max.

I am with you!
    Then i will do the things and let you know the update status here.
    Can you ask @high to get svn access to the mp plugins project?
    Then we can work together on "CentralizedDatabase".

thx
    pOpY

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom