Descrambling of channels stops working (1 Viewer)

nilsga

Portal Member
August 3, 2006
TV-Server Version: 1.0 RC2
MediaPortal Version: 1.0 RC2
MediaPortal Skin: Blue (Wide)
Windows Version: XP last service pack
CPU Type: Core 2 Duo 2GHz
HDD: 60GB
Memory: 2GB
Motherboard:
Video Card: Intel GMA
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card: SigmaTel
Sound Card AC3: SigmaTel/Optical Out
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: FireDTV
1. TV Card Type: DVB-C (Conax CAM)
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: DScaler
MPEG2 Audio Codec: AC3Filter
h.264 Video Codec: CoreAVC
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Canal Digtal Norway
HTPC Case: Mac Mini
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection: DVI

First time I start MP, everything is good and I can view scrambled channels. However, sometimes if I try to view a channel I don't have access to, and then try to switch back to a channel I have access to, no channels can be descrambled anymore. I only get a "Channel is scrambled" message. Restarting the TVServer service does not help. However, if I use FireDTV Viewer which comes with the DVB-C card, I can successfully view scrambled channels, and after that, everything works in MP as well. So it seems as if using FireDTV resets something that MP doesn't.

Logs attached.

joaroyen

August 2, 2008
Home Country
Norway Norway
TV-Server Version: 1.0.0.0. RC2
MediaPortal Version: 1.0.0.0. RC2
MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo wide
Windows Version: Windows XP Media Center SP3
CPU Type: AMD Phenom Tripple-Core 2.1 GHZ
HDD: Seagate HD Cuda 7200.11/ 500GB
Memory: Kingston ValueRAM 2GB DDR2-1066M
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 3200
Video Card Driver: Catalyst 8.7 Beta
Sound Card: Realtek ALC889A
Sound Card AC3: HDMI
Sound Card Driver: 1.98
1. TV Card: Digital Everywhere FloppyDTV DVB-S2
1. TV Card Type: DVB-S2
1. TV Card Driver: 5.0.1
MPEG2 Video Codec: CyberLink Video/SP Decoder (PDVD8)
MPEG2 Audio Codec: CyberLink Audio Decoder (PDVD8)
h.264 Video Codec: CyberLink H.264/AVC Decoder (PDVD8)
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Thor 3/5 0.8°W
HTPC Case: Antec NSK1380
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV: Pioneer PDP-435HDE
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

I had the same problem, but after a lot of trials and errors I found out that if I had the Common Interface utility running, then all channels could be descrambled correctly. The utility is installed with FireDTV if you do a complete install, and you can start it from "All Programs->FireDTV->Tools->Common Interface". It runs in the system tray, and after adding a shortcut to this utility in the Startup folder, and I can now watch all protected channels (except Eurospor HD - but that's another issue) i MP.

nilsga

Portal Member
August 3, 2006
Unfortunately, it didn't help. Now, when tuning the scrambled channel fails, the CI-tool window pops up on top of the MediaPortal GUI and stays there...

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    could you please check that you are using the latest:
    • floppy drivers
    • floppy firmware
    • CAM firmware

:D

nilsga

Portal Member
    August 3, 2006
    I have the newest drivers and firmware, but I'm not sure where or how I could find/check the CAM firmware?

blaudden

Portal Pro
    November 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    There seem to be nothing wrong in your logs. So I would suggest that you just increase the "Wait for unscrambled signal" timeout value. It's a 5 seconds now. Use 15 and at the same time set "Wait for timeshift file" to a value that is larger than that.

Roy

Portal Member
    January 29, 2007
    Bergen
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I had the same problem, but after a lot of trials and errors I found out that if I had the Common Interface utility running, then all channels could be descrambled correctly. The utility is installed with FireDTV if you do a complete install, and you can start it from "All Programs->FireDTV->Tools->Common Interface". It runs in the system tray, and after adding a shortcut to this utility in the Startup folder, and I can now watch all protected channels (except Eurospor HD - but that's another issue) i MP.

Wow, thank you, thank you, thank you! That post really made my day (and probably saved my night). I've spent so much time getting my FloppyDTV and MediaPortal running smoothly together, and all I had to do was to make sure CI is running.

Now all the channels work all the time, and switching between them takes just a few millis longer than on the set-top box. I feel my HTPC is close to complete now. :D

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom