Detecting duplicate movies (1 Viewer)

maximm

Portal Member
July 24, 2011
I remember seeing somewhere "Duplicat Movie ID:xxxxxx", but i don't know where it came from or how.

Is there a way to detect duplicate movies inside moving pictures, media portal or using an external program?

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
There is nothing inside Moving Pictures besides maybe visually scanning for duplicates when sorted by title. Sorry. If you are comfortable with SQL you could query the Moving Pictures database for duplicate IMDb IDs easy enough.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I remember seeing somewhere "Duplicat Movie ID:xxxxxx", but i don't know where it came from or how.

Is there a way to detect duplicate movies inside moving pictures, media portal or using an external program?

As fforde suggested you can use SQL queries for this. I had written a post before on how to do that. Just take your time reading it and you should be able to do it:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/548394-post1.html

To be on the extra safe side doing the instructions in that post, you should make a backup of your movingpictures.db3 database and then use that 'copy' for any SQLite tool. That way you avoid any risk of database corruption if you also plan to have MovingPictures running at the same time.

maximm

Portal Member
    July 24, 2011
    Thanks! Worked perfectly. I tried editing the DB while having it open in the explorer, but i guess that was out of the question :)

maximm

Portal Member
    July 24, 2011
    Almost always when i remove a duplicate movie, the movie that stays looses its cover art. I have to cycle the cover art to display it once again. Any fix for this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I have all of my media on a NAS. I guess it might just be a network issue, then.
    I have all of my media on a NAS. I guess it might just be a network issue, then.
    Whenever I go into the back end for Moving Pictures, it almost immediately hangs on the Movie Importer tab. If I want to go into...
    Replies
    Views
    I need to try MadVR, I hope my Intel NAC can manage it.
    I need to try MadVR, I hope my Intel NAC can manage it.
    Remember PAL DVDs of US movies and TV Shows, and how they were converted to 25 fps thus introducing a "smurf lite" pitch on the...
    Replies
    Views
    I had the same issue and found the executable under C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Titan\BasicHome.Editor\TitanEditor.exe Only the shortcut was missing.
    I had the same issue and found the executable under C:\ProgramData\Team...
    Hi all, Not a rant, more a sharing of experience (maybe hoping to get some clarification on which wrong turn I took) It has been...
    Replies
    Views
    Hello all, Recently I have been having a few problems importing movies to Moving Pictures using the IMDB+ plugin (missing fields) so I have decided to have a go at creating an XML based on the XBMC Local xml. This has not been tested with multi languages and it has been configured for my personal collection. I'm hoping it will work...
    Hello all, Recently I have been having a few problems importing movies to Moving Pictures using the IMDB+ plugin (missing fields)...
    Hello all, Recently I have been having a few problems importing movies to Moving Pictures using the IMDB+ plugin (missing fields)...
    Replies
    Views
    in MP config goto plugins -> MovingPictures and open the config. There you can delete the wanted movies ;)
    in MP config goto plugins -> MovingPictures and open the config. There you can delete the wanted movies ;)
    I am using MediaPortal 1.30 and Moving Pictures. In fact, I have been using them for so long that my movie list is now... a mess...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom