Development of Radio Plugin (1 Viewer)

Poikilotherm

Portal Member
June 23, 2006
Germany->Aachen
Hi @all!

I joined the community a few days a ago an I had one main goal for doing that:
I want to develop the radio plugin further.

For a start, I want to add a recording function to the plugin, because I need this for myself.

I looked at the code and the idea, that it could be a possible solution, if I record the output.
This would solve many things, because there would be now difference between internet streams, radio via dvb-s or analoge radio, etc.

But the first question I have is if the radio plugin uses DirectX for the audio output.
If so, perhaps I could use DirectX for recording that output.

I searched in the code for it, but just found that the radio-plugin itself does not provide audio output, but forwards the info about what to play to the internal player.
(And the whole player was much to much for me to understand...)

Any ideas anyone?

The second problem is, that I'm a newbie to C#.
So I would be very happy about some help for beginning programming in C# and the plugin. Anyone out there who is interrested?

Thanks so far,
Poikilotherm

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Poikilotherm said:
    ...For a start, I want to add a recording function to the plugin, because I need this for myself...

Poikilotherm - Welcome aboard, joining the MP community! Your reason you gave to develop for MP is usually the best reason I have seen! I wish you the best!

I wish I could give you an answer but hopefully a developer will provide one soon!

Mike

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

this sounds interesting. The radio module really needs some improvements. So you choose the right direction.

If you have questions about the code and C# feel free to come to IRC. Hopefully you will get contact to the DEVs there. :)

Welcome! :D

Flip.

deppeler

Portal Pro
    June 23, 2006
    Poikilotherm said:
    Hi @all!

I joined the community a few days a ago an I had one main goal for doing that:
    I want to develop the radio plugin further.

For a start, I want to add a recording function to the plugin, because I need this for myself.

I looked at the code and the idea, that it could be a possible solution, if I record the output.
    This would solve many things, because there would be now difference between internet streams, radio via dvb-s or analoge radio, etc.

But the first question I have is if the radio plugin uses DirectX for the audio output.
    If so, perhaps I could use DirectX for recording that output.

I searched in the code for it, but just found that the radio-plugin itself does not provide audio output, but forwards the info about what to play to the internal player.
    (And the whole player was much to much for me to understand...)

Any ideas anyone?

The second problem is, that I'm a newbie to C#.
    So I would be very happy about some help for beginning programming in C# and the plugin. Anyone out there who is interrested?

Thanks so far,
    Poikilotherm

way to go!

Poikilotherm

Portal Member
    June 23, 2006
    Germany->Aachen
    Thanks for the tip FlipGer,

people on IRC said that the player uses Directshow for output.

I'll search now for methods if it is possible to record the output by directshow itself from itself....

So long...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom