Development question... Thumbnail Panel positioning in MyVideos...

Discussion in 'MediaPortal 1 Skins' started by Bleazle, January 19, 2009.

1. Bleazle
    • Premium Supporter

Bleazle Well-Known Member

Retired Skinner :-)
    Ratings:
    +256 / 1
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Show System Specs
    OK, I've bashed my head against this for hours and haven't been able to work it out :mad:

In Blue3Wide when you are in either the "icon" or "big icon" views if you click the RIGHT arrow on your remote when you're at the end of a row the focus goes to the spin buttons at the bottom of the page. Then if you click the UP arrow on your remote and then the LEFT arrow the slide in menu opens - and from there you can RIGHT arrow back onto the icons*

I want to move the thumbnail panel to the right and reduce it as per the following screenshot but for some reason moving the panel screws things up (it's not the resizing of the panel, I can reduce that all I want as long as I don't change the "X" co-ordinate..). Now if I arrow to the end of the row and the focus changes to the spin buttons I get "stuck" there - the only way to unfreeze things is to return to the home screen then come back to MyVideos.

Anyone got any ideas why shifting the panel does this, and how I can get around it?

Cheers

Dave

[​IMG]

*IMO clicking the UP arrow should just focus on one of the ICONS so if this can be done I'd love to know how...

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. joz

joz Portal Pro

J2ME / PHP programmer
    Ratings:
    +154 / 0
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Try using <spinCanFocus>no and maybe move the spincontrols of screen. That way you will have no spincontrols though but you fixed the focus problem.

4. Bleazle
    • Premium Supporter

Bleazle Well-Known Member

Retired Skinner :-)
    Ratings:
    +256 / 1
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Show System Specs
    Thanks for taking the time to reply :) That's what I've done for now, it just seems strange that the spin controls can't be used just because the thumbnail panel gets moved a bit? :confused:

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!