Differences in MCE remotes? (1 Viewer)

Grayda

Portal Member
September 11, 2006
Near Melbourne, Australia
Home Country
A friend of mine has recently offered me an MCE remote he picked up at the place he works. He's offering it to me for $51 AUD (roughly) including shipping from the US. This is the remote he has:

untitled1yf5.jpg

How is this remote when it comes to MediaPortal? Is it worth the money? Am I getting my monies worth?

A few have suggested I buy this one:

philremote.jpg

What exactly is the difference in the remotes (asides from the physical aspects. I mean what does the coloured teletext button model do that the other one can't?)

And where can I buy the second remote (the teletext one) in Australia, and for how much? I'd be willing to buy overseas if it's not too much..

Thanks!

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    The Red button switches between fullscreen TV and previous screen, that is the main one i use.

the teletext version is the more common one found outside of America (they do not know what teletext is, as it does not exist there).

PS. I paid last week £19.95 delivered for a Dell\Philips version (no TV power button and only one IR emitter) otherwise works perfectly well with MP.

Regards

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    Yellow is the "right click" for context menu.
    Blue switches aspect ratios and green acts like the main green button.
    The good thing though is that vyou can re-map these to whatever you want, so they are just like very handy shortcut keys.

As for the price, I picked up both of mine for around $69 each. They are pretty common at PC swap meets if you go to those sort of places.

I would definately pay the little extra for those buttons. They make life a lot more simple.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom