Difficulties with mediaportal on brand new htpc. Looks a bit like tearing. (1 Viewer)

thamule

Portal Member
September 1, 2009
Home Country
Norway Norway
Hi
I' ve just set up my brand new htpc with mediaportal. I View it all on a 55" Samsung tv with edge led. The 7000-series.

HTPC Specs:
Asus P5N7A-VM with nvidia n730i/9300
4 gb ram
Intel E5300, 2,6GHz
Antec fusion remote
Seagate1 TB harddrive
LG Blue-ray disc rom

First I had a problem with the picture. I think it was "tearing". I then changed from Enhanced video renderer (EVR) to VMR9, and that seemed to help. But while I was watching movies I noticed some "laging". When the movie was finished I saw that there definetly is something wrong. When the list of acters go from down to up on the screen the picture stops for a few milliseconds every now and then. It just stops and starts again and ruins the picture flow.

I'm starting to think that there may be something wrong with my tv, but I have to check everything I can before I look further in to that. Ofcourse I hope that the tv is fine and that there's ust a minor error in the mediaportal configuration.

I have mostly justed this guide:
Mediaportal install guide

I am grateful for any answers! I hope someone has an idea of how to fix this irritating problem. (If it's not the tv tat's the problem)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    If you are using Windows XP -> VMR9 + DirectX exclusive mode must be used to avoid tearing
    And with Vista -> EVR + AERO turned on from Windows itself.

thamule

Portal Member
    September 1, 2009
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I have solved the problem. It was the 100Hz on my Samsung tv that was making the strange picture behaviour.

Thanks for the help any way.

On thing though, is there any disadvantages with using vrm9 in stead of evr?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom