diffrent Plugin Overlays for Basic Home (1 Viewer)

Are you generally interesting in diffrent Plugin BasicHome Overlays?

• yes

Votes: 22 100.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Scrounger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 21, 2009
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

Most of the Overlays are now integrated in the last StremedMP Version

Plugin Overlays can be found here

i plan to create some Plugin Overlays for the BasicHome Screen. (Screenshot)
    First, i want to create Overlays for the most Plugins from Micropolis.
    I can also create overlays for other Plugins that uses global variables. Do you have wishes?

Sample_Overlay.jpg

@StreamedMP Team:
    I think to implent these Files in the BasicHome Editor could be very easy?
    The Editor must just change the visibility condition and write the <import> Order in Basic Home.xml.
    Are you generally interesting in these things? Do you have some special "Skinning Rules"?

Skinning Questions:
    In the new StremedMP Version it's possible to press a number on the remote and start a command (example. Last Added TV Series). How does this work?
    At my Example (Power Control), i would like to use the keys to start the server, nas, ... from BasicHome.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    @StreamedMP Team:
    I think to implent these Files in the BasicHome Editor could be very easy?
    The Editor must just change the visibility condition and write the <import> Order in Basic Home.xml.
    Are you generally interesting in these things? Do you have some special "Skinning Rules"?
    Well, its not that easy...you have to remember that there are 3 different types of basichome layouts. You also have to consider the NowPlaying overlays as well as the ability to add multiple overlays e.g. you could show tvseries recently added on more than one menu item.

I kinda wish we didnt allow overlays on multiple items, its add to much complexity...but Trevor handles that part so maybe im wrong.

EDIT: Maybe it is easy, I dont think the top right position of the overlay is a problem for all 3 basichome styles so its more down to just including all these different plugin overlays into the editor.

Skinning Questions:
    In the new StreamedMP Version it's possible to press a number on the remote and start a command (example. Last Added TV Series). How does this work?
    At my Example (Power Control), i would like to use the keys to start the server, nas, ... from BasicHome.
    We handle that in the config plugin...on load we check what menu items will display recently added tvseries or movies. Then we listen to the OnAction command, if the recents are visible and 1,2,3 is pressed then we start the respective objects video player.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I voted 'yes' :)

I think its nice to expose information about plugins on home screen...plus we dont force it so its completely up to the user if they want to see it via the Editor.

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I can also create overlays for other Plugins that uses global variables. Do you have wishes?

Hey Scrounger,

not sure if that falls in the category of overlays you are talking about, but I would really like to see an easy way to integrate the Fritz!Manager overlays into the homescreen: Missed calls and new voicemails for example.

Thanks,
    Shukuyen.

lsf3og

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 15, 2010
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Nice idea.
    I'd like to see Streamradio integrated. I like the plugin much more than RadioTime.

trepamuros

Portal Pro
    December 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I would like to have Drive Free Space Plugin overlay on my "Settings" screen. Also a memory load indicator would be fine.

I voted "yes", I like overlays (mostly if I can choose to show them or not).

Scrounger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 21, 2009
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well, its not that easy...you have to remember that there are 3 different types of basichome layouts. You also have to consider the NowPlaying overlays as well as the ability to add multiple overlays e.g. you could show tvseries recently added on more than one menu item.

I kinda wish we didnt allow overlays on multiple items, its add to much complexity...but Trevor handles that part so maybe im wrong.

EDIT: Maybe it is easy, I dont think the top right position of the overlay is a problem for all 3 basichome styles so its more down to just including all these different plugin overlays into the editor.

Yes, i know that they are 3 different types. But i though that the right top Overlay position is for all the layouts the same positions?
    And i dont think that users will have plugin Overlay Informations on the Serie, Movies, Music Menu Items.
    My Idea is to set Overlays for the plugin or settings menu items. Or if an user has an Plugin Menu item in Basic Home, then he can set an Overlay to this Menu item.

Question:
    At the Editor there is the button "Select Overlay". If you choose one overlay and the recently added overlays for series and movies are activated, then these overlays go to the left side. I think that will only affect the Series and Movie Menu Items. And for all other Menu Items, the Editor allows only to set one Overlay. Is that correct?

Generally i want to see, how the feedback of the community is.
    I will start to design some overlays for the plugins that i use and will try to use the skinning layout and code from the reccentlyAddedX.xml Files. And if you want it to implement this in the Editor you can use my Files as Base.

not sure if that falls in the category of overlays you are talking about, but I would really like to see an easy way to integrate the Fritz!Manager overlays into the homescreen: Missed calls and new voicemails for example.
    I know that voicemails works (have still an overlay for this created) but i think missed calls dont work, beacuse these aren't global variables.

I'd like to see Streamradio integrated
    I've never used this plugin, but i will take a look at it.

I would like to have Drive Free Space Plugin overlay on my "Settings" screen
    I have still created one for an older StreamedMP Version, i check the *.xml and will poste it in the next days.

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Yes, i know that they are 3 different types. But i though that the right top Overlay position is for all the layouts the same positions?
    And i dont think that users will have plugin Overlay Informations on the Serie, Movies, Music Menu Items.
    My Idea is to set Overlays for the plugin or settings menu items. Or if an user has an Plugin Menu item in Basic Home, then he can set an Overlay to this Menu item.

Question:
    At the Editor there is the button "Select Overlay". If you choose one overlay and the recently added overlays for series and movies are activated, then these overlays go to the left side. I think that will only affect the Series and Movie Menu Items. And for all other Menu Items, the Editor allows only to set one Overlay. Is that correct?

Hi Scrounger,

I would not worry about the different types overlay, I would just produce overlays in the 'Fanart Syle', the poster and full details overlays only make sense for TVSeries and Movies.

The code in the editor just takes the x,y position so can place the overlay at any position, I was thinking of allowing these to be set for each overlay type by the user - the area you have free to display overlays depends a lot on the layout you are using. Horizontal gives you more scope particulay if the menu is at the bottom.

If you use the the music or recordtv overlay code a base this will be easy to port in to the editor and I can then add options to allow custom placement if required.

cheers

Scrounger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 21, 2009
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok,

here are the first Overlays i made. Most of them are now integrated in the offical StreamedMP Skin.

Overlays that are integrated:

Drive Free Space Plugin
    Drive Free Space.jpg

Power Control Plugin
    Power Control.jpg

Sleep Control Plugin
    Sleep Timer.jpg

Stocks&Indices
    Stocks_Indices.jpg

HTPC Info
    HTPC Info.jpg

Update Control
    Update Control.jpg

Not integrated Overlays:

Other Stocks & Indicies Overlay optimized for vertical Menu.

Stocks_Indices_2.jpg

File: View attachment BasicHome.Stocks.Overlay.xml

Installation

1. Find out the "visible ID Number" for the Menu item where the Overlay should be displayed. It's very simple, open the StreamedMP Editor and look on which position the Menu Item is. The First item has the ID 1000, the second the ID 1001 and so on. Look at the screenshot.
    Editor.jpg

2. Open the BasicHome.PluginsOverlay.X.xml with node pad and change the Number with the ID of the Menu where it should be shown. Look at the screenshot.
    Overlay XML change.jpg

3. Open the BasicHome.xml, go to the end of the File and write <import>BasicHome.PluginsOverlay.X.xml</import> before </controls> </window>. Look at the screenshot
    Import Order_BasicHome.jpg

A note to all, if you manually update you BasicHome.xml (or any xml) the patch system will NOT generate a new basichome or update any user modified files.

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Scrounger,

Nice work on these, I will look to adding them to the editor over the next week or so. We are just about to release a patch this came in a little late to be included.

A note to all, if you manually update you BasicHome.xml (or any xml) the patch system will NOT generate a new basichome or update any user modified files.

This is normally what is required so should cause no issues.

Thx

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom