Digital Devices Cine CT V6 (1 Viewer)

pünktchen

Portal Pro
October 26, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
The TV-card works very well with MP 1.2.0 Alpha upwards, but only one channel per tuner is supported.

Also it seems to me, that the tuners are very sensitive to signal strength.
Mine is 100% and I get stream corruption on channel change and some HD-channels while watching.
A so called "Dämpfungsregler" solved it slightly for me.
Prior to the DD I had a Technotrend card and no problem at all.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

jba_dk

Portal Member
April 23, 2011
Denmark
Home Country
The TV-card works very well with MP 1.2.0 Alpha upwards, but only one channel per tuner is supported.

Also it seems to me, that the tuners are very sensitive to signal strength.
Mine is 100% and I get stream corruption on channel change and some HD-channels while watching.
A so called "Dämpfungsregler" solved it slightly for me.
Prior to the DD I had a Technotrend card and no problem at all.

Thanks for the quick response.

When you say only one channel per tuner is supported, do you mean that it is not possible to record multiple channels from the same DVB digital multiplex using a single tuner? Is this something that can be fixed by an updated driver, or is it a hardware limitation of the card itself?

Im setting up a 4 tuner system, would you recommend the Cine CT or something else?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    When you say only one channel per tuner is supported, do you mean that it is not possible to record multiple channels from the same DVB digital multiplex using a single tuner?
    It is only possible to *decrypt* one channel per tuner. You can view/record all the FTA channels on a single mux/transponder fine as per normal MP functionality.

Is this something that can be fixed by an updated driver, or is it a hardware limitation of the card itself?
    The decrypt limit is probably a consequence of the way Digital Devices have implemented single CAM sharing between tuners. The limitation might be removed by updated drivers, but don't count on it.

Im setting up a 4 tuner system, would you recommend the Cine CT or something else?
    It should be fine. There are other quad and dual tuners out there though...

jba_dk

Portal Member
    April 23, 2011
    Denmark
    Home Country
    It should be fine. There are other quad and dual tuners out there though...[/QUOTE]

Can you suggest any other brands that might be worth looking at?

pünktchen

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: Digital Devices Cine CT V6

It is only possible to *decrypt* one channel per tuner. You can view/record all the FTA channels on a single mux/transponder fine as per normal MP functionality.

The decrypt limit is probably a consequence of the way Digital Devices have implemented single CAM sharing between tuners. The limitation might be removed by updated drivers, but don't count on it.

I've thought it is a limitation by MediaPortal with DD-cards?

CI module - Digital Devices Distribution UG (haftungsbeschränkt)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Re: AW: Re: Digital Devices Cine CT V6

I've thought it is a limitation by MediaPortal with DD-cards?
    Not in my understanding. The CAM must support decrypting multiple channels at once since it can be shared between multiple tuners. In other words, when a CAM is plugged into a CI extension module, any of the tuners on other extension modules or on the main card can ask the CAM to decrypt a channel. One channel per tuner, but that adds to multiple channels on the CAM.

pünktchen

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It seems your're right with the DD-cards. I've tested it with DVBViewer -same behaviour like in MP...

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

One channel per tuner, but that adds to multiple channels on the CAM.

And since the Cine CT v6 is a dual-tuner card, in combination with a CI-module and a CAM that allows multiple channels decryption (for example the Alphacrypt Classic), that would mean you can watch and/or record 2 channels from different transponders at the same time, right?!?

(My FloppyDTV broke down and i'm out of TV since about 1,5 week now and also looking at this card as replacement)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

One channel per tuner, but that adds to multiple channels on the CAM.

And since the Cine CT v6 is a dual-tuner card, in combination with a CI-module and a CAM that allows multiple channels decryption (for example the Alphacrypt Classic), that would mean you can watch and/or record 2 channels from different transponders at the same time, right?!?

(My FloppyDTV broke down and i'm out of TV since about 1,5 week now and also looking at this card as replacement)

Correct. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom