HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Re: AW: Re: Digital Devices Cine CT V6

Good :) Then i'll need to get my hands on that card. Would be a nice 'upgrade' from the FloppyDTV and a nice add-on for the server!

FrankDrebin

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2011
    Home Country
    Finland Finland

Good :) Then i'll need to get my hands on that card. Would be a nice 'upgrade' from the FloppyDTV and a nice add-on for the server!

Sorry to wake up an older thread, but I would like to know, if you got this card purchased? I would like to read your opinions about this card and how it works with Mediaportal. I too had the FloppyDTV for many years until most of the ICs fried :) Now I have the Technotrend TT-connect CT3650CI, which isn't so reliable...

sincze

Portal Pro
    September 18, 2011

Sorry to wake up an older thread, but I would like to know, if you got this card purchased? I would like to read your opinions about this card and how it works with Mediaportal. I too had the FloppyDTV for many years until most of the ICs fried :) Now I have the Technotrend TT-connect CT3650CI, which isn't so reliable...

Me too!!! Please update your experience. I'm about to buy one myself.
    After Purchase I should have a working dual tuner Cine v6 + 2x floppy dtv ;-) enough to provide the whole house with digital tv over utp ;-)

FrankDrebin

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2011
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Me too!!! Please update your experience. I'm about to buy one myself.
    After Purchase I should have a working dual tuner Cine v6 + 2x floppy dtv ;-) enough to provide the whole house with digital tv over utp ;-)

I went and bought this and I'm fairly happy with it. At least, it works better than the Technotrend TT-connect CT3650CI. A small issue with scrambled channels. I don't know why, but sometimes it doesn't "renew" the subscription to my channels so I have to insert the CI-module to my TV and renew the channels from there. I'm trying a new CI-module right now, so let's see if that helps.

Other than that, it works well. I love the dual tuner setup! I can record two scrambled channels at the same time, which I could not do with the Technotrend.

sincze

Portal Pro
    September 18, 2011
    Received my Cine V6 today. Installed them next to my dual floppy dtv setup (with Alphacrypt).
    Installed the drivers and another Alphacrypt.
    Restarted TV Server and voila 4 tuners ;-).
    Searched for channels in Ziggo 5555 area the Netherlands.
    Unfortunately it did not find all channels. Floppy DTV has no problems detecting the channels (Nederland 3 HD) in this frequency area.

Suggestions? Uses the thick Coax cable that originally came with the Floppy DTV (Male - Female connector).

Attachments

• Cine No Signal.JPG
      Cine No Signal.JPG
      19.9 KB

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Having some issues with this card atm, I had it working perfectly, but then I upgraded my motherboard and CPU, and now I am no longer able to watch scrambeled channels. Anyone else experience this and have a sollution?

edit:

Some changes in the BIOS seems to have fixed it.

reference for the future:

http://support.digital-devices.de/ticket.php?track=6U34S1NV17&Refresh=33474

Last edited:

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    The wiki has a "no" for Multichannel decoding but the card itself has 2 tuners, so they should be able to decrypt 1 channel each right?I seem to be running into problems when I'm watching 2 channels on the same transponder.

Is there a way to force the TV-server to use both tuners when watching two channels on the same transponder?

edit: it's possible to set max channels that each card can decode, so that solves it.

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The wiki has a "no" for Multichannel decoding but the card itself has 2 tuners, so they should be able to decrypt 1 channel each right?
    Please read the wiki again. Support for multi-channel decoding means that a tuner (not a card) can decrypt more than one channel. DD tuners can only decrypt one channel each. A DD card with 2 tuners can decrypt two channels.

I seem to be running into problems when I'm watching 2 channels on the same transponder.

Is there a way to force the TV-server to use both tuners when watching two channels on the same transponder?

edit: it's possible to set max channels that each card can decode, so that solves it.
    Exactly - set the decrypt limit to one for each DD tuner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom