direct mpeg recording (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

Hi

Would it be possible to add a option to record direct to mpg format. The frontend is excellent and keeps getting better, being able to record direct to mpg would make it perfect IMHO.

Cheers :lol:

Dan

A

Anonymous

dchenders said:
Hi

Would it be possible to add a option to record direct to mpg format. The frontend is excellent and keeps getting better, being able to record direct to mpg would make it perfect IMHO.

Cheers :lol:

Dan

i'm not sure if this is the right answer, but i think you're supposed to be able to provide your own compressors, such as mpeg, mpeg2, etc

Frodo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    a lot has been said about this topic
    so please do a search next time
    anyway here's the answer
    MP uses the streambuffer engine for timeshifting & recording
    this engine records to the dvr-ms format which is a normal MPEG2 file
    with some an extended header
    There are programs which can convert an dvr-ms file to .mpg
    I think you can find those on xpmce.com
    and yes we hope to add transcoding in the future so you can
    convert your movie to mpg or xvid or.... after recording

Frodo

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Of course this would be the best option, but I guess it’s not that easy to integrate external players into MP2. It was somewhere discussed, but I could not find the related thread.
    Of course this would be the best option, but I guess it’s not that easy to integrate external players into MP2. It was somewhere...
    Hi there, I have a few questions about the limitations I've discovered (so far, it's early days!) when it comes to watching a tv...
    Replies
    Views
    Could be that a sudden powercut corrupts the database, or give all your pcs a new ipadres, or several more things that can break up a running mediaportal setup. Without the logs however, I don't have a clue on what exactly is wrong...
    Could be that a sudden powercut corrupts the database, or give all your pcs a new ipadres, or several more things that can break up...
    Hi there, I'm a happy long time user and am currently using MP 1.25. Up until now I had no issues with my setup. Yesterday...
    Replies
    Views
    Thank you for performing this test, and confirming @joecrow 's suspicion as to the cause of the problem. In principle the same problem exists with other EPG sources, such as the broadcast EPG that I use with DVB-T/T2. When a programme first appears in the EPG (7 days ahead of its broadcast time), some programmes have a generic...
    Thank you for performing this test, and confirming @joecrow 's suspicion as to the cause of the problem. In principle the same...
    TV Server 1.25. Windows 10. This has been an issue for many years, if not since inception, and I hoped it would be resolved...
    Replies
    Views
    moved off-topic comments to 1.30.0 - Release naming discussions
    moved off-topic comments to 1.30.0 - Release naming discussions
    We have just released MediaPortal 1.30 - Ukraine Highlights of this release Improvement / Rework: [MP1-5092] - Update MediaInfo...
    Replies
    Views
    Previous posts not related to this thread have been moved here
    Previous posts not related to this thread have been moved here
    While we are chatting, now get mad, you know that I said I would refactor the database to get rid of any redundancies. I've done...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom