DirecTV D11 Change Channel MP PlugIn (1 Viewer)

bxs122

Portal Member
October 3, 2006
DirecTV D11 Change Channel MP PlugIn - Update

This plugin is an update to an existing MP Plugin used in changing DirecTV receivers via a serial cable.

*updated to display D11 display while changing channels.

The update includes support for the newer DirecTV D11 unit which requires a USB/Serial Adapter. I use the IOGear GUC232A and have had no issues.

The changes I made to this come from an MCE PlugIn I updated this weekend and am currently using. MP is new to me and I am still setting it up and so testing of this version of the plugIn is not very extensive so please report any problems.

enjoy

http://www.outdoorgrace.com/DirecTV-D11/bxsDirecTVTuneD11ForMediaPortal.zip

Hesse

Portal Pro
August 8, 2006
Just tried it, its working great for me. It didn't work on COM1 for some reason. In the error log, it said the port was locked, but I don't know of anything else using COM1. I was able to use COM2 with no issues.

For the D10 receivers, I believe there is a few commands you can send to the receiver with the channel change to disable the showing of the DirectTV info. If that exists for the D11, could it be added as an option? That way you don't get two info things poping up. I'll look around the web for the commands and if I find it, I'll post here and also take a look at the source.

Thanks for writing this plugin, it saved me from having to do it!

Jesse

bxs122

Portal Member
October 3, 2006
Just tried it, its working great for me. It didn't work on COM1 for some reason. In the error log, it said the port was locked, but I don't know of anything else using COM1. I was able to use COM2 with no issues.

For the D10 receivers, I believe there is a few commands you can send to the receiver with the channel change to disable the showing of the DirectTV info. If that exists for the D11, could it be added as an option? That way you don't get two info things poping up. I'll look around the web for the commands and if I find it, I'll post here and also take a look at the source.

Thanks for writing this plugin, it saved me from having to do it!

Jesse

Glad to hear it worked - I still haven't been able to get my MP up and running so only tested from the MCE side and crossed my fingers for someone to test this MP version.

As for COM1, sounds like it is a used resource so will remain locked - in your case the nullmodem cable -> serial/USB is attached to COM2.
Just curious, which serial/USB adapter are you using or are you using?

I worked from the D11 spec so will give it another look and see what we can add to it ... no reason we shouldn't take advantage of all the unit offers.

Hesse

Portal Pro
August 8, 2006
I'm using the Sabrent SBT-USC1M which was one of the recommended ones in the manual and on a webpage I found. It seems to work fine, so that is good.

I'll look for the info for the other receivers of how they disable the DirecTV info window and get back to you if you don't find it first.

Again, thanks for the plugin, it makes for a much cleaner setup.

Jesse

bxs122

Portal Member
October 3, 2006
I'm using the Sabrent SBT-USC1M which was one of the recommended ones in the manual and on a webpage I found. It seems to work fine, so that is good.

I'll look for the info for the other receivers of how they disable the DirecTV info window and get back to you if you don't find it first.

Again, thanks for the plugin, it makes for a much cleaner setup.

Jesse

I will do some searching tonight on the DirecTV Window.

I agree, use of the serial cable is a much cleaner and more reliable setup than the stupid IR Blaster.

Now if I can only get MP running on my HTPC.

bxs122

Portal Member
October 3, 2006
Use the OpenUserChannel command and the OSD will not show up. It is 0xA6

opsunut

The D11 still shows the window shows up when changing channels via USB/serial Plugin. I am using A6 to indicate OpenUserChannel ... I need to look at the code again and see if the command for disabling OSD is being called.

bxs122

Portal Member
October 3, 2006
I've updated the PlugIn to disable the D11's display when changing channels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom