Disable mouse support completely (1 Viewer)

krl69

Portal Pro
October 12, 2006
I have searched the entire forum, but with no luck.

Is it possible to turn off mouse support in MP completely?

KRL

krl69

Portal Pro
October 12, 2006
HAHAHA you are a funny man... not. :) I want mouse control when I'm using other appl than MP. Again, how can i turn off mouse control only in MP?

KRL

level20peon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 4, 2007
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You could use a kind of mouselock when starting MediaPortal. I still do not get the picture of your intentions... just was trying to help...

-level20peon

ChrisOfCatford

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 2, 2006
    London UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,

Sorry to jump on your post but I believe I have a similar issue.

I use MP on one plasma TV and a second monitor for other apps (email, web etc).

If someone changes channel and you don't notice it, you skip time when you roll the mouse wheel.

I would like a way of stopping MP from grabbing the focus altogether, whilst still staying on top of other apps.

This would stop both mouse and keyboard from having an infuluence on MP.

Chris

krl69

Portal Pro
    October 12, 2006
    Agree with Chris here. If the mouse is reachable for my kids, you can bet a dollar that they would play with it when I’m doing serious stuff in MP. :)

Joon4s

Portal Member
    February 29, 2008
    Hello there. I was having the same problem (solution at #4). I have a two screen setup, computer monitor and a lcd tv. I wanted to mediaportal to be invisible when using the computer, and I had to install couple of programs to get it work right.

1) MCE replacement plugin + registry tweak.
    Had to install this so I could use MCE remote when MP is not active and disabled regular MCE remote support because it controlled only the active application, in my case Firefox used by someone on the computer.

2) Ultramon
    It was pretty annoying for PC users to see MP blinking on the taskbar, so I used Ultramon's feature called smart taskbar. Now both desktops have their own taskbars.

3) CursorLock
    This little program prevents mouse cursor from going to second monitor. Start it with /S -switch to lock it and /U -switch to unlock.

4) Ardamax Mouse Wheel Control
    When ever MP stole focus from Firefox and someone was scrolling with the mouse, MP skipped two minutes forward/backward. With this program I can replace wheel scrolling with keypresses. I configured up and down scrolls to insert-button, which does nothing on my MP configuration. Works like a charm, no skipping!

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    i feel a Tips & Tricks moment here.

Thanks Joon4s, do you mind

baal

Portal Member
    January 6, 2006
    Hi.

I also had the f**king skips. They only occured when playing video (tv/video/series/...) in MP.

Now, after disabling the mouse wheel with Ardamax and running it for half a week, I have to report that there are no more skips. Sometimes the cursor appears and the IMON display chnages for a short time, which shows me that MP wanted to do a skip, but the video keeps playing correctly.

It seems like my wireless mouse sends a mouse wheel event / my pc receives an event caused by whatever (mobile phone???).

So this is definitely worth a Tips&Tricks entry.

Great thanks to Joon4s.

Users who are viewing this thread