Disable Screensaver! when MP is running (1 Viewer)

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I used the "blank" screensaver from M$ (default XP) and it also turns off the screen after some time of black first,

Try that

A

Anonymous

MrMario64 said:
    I used the "blank" screensaver from M$ (default XP) and it also turns off the screen after some time of black first,

Try that
    Works great!
    Thanks for the tip, MrMario64.

For the record, and since I read something I think related in the TODO list on the documentation wiki http://www.maisenbachers.de/dokuw/todo ;) :
    when ACPI shuts off my LCD screen, it also shuts off the integrated speakers...

A

Anonymous

Oh, I first thought this was an old thread and that MP already had this feature.

Anyway, I tried out MP for the first time today and I like it so far but I need to have the screensaver on and I dont want to disable it everytime I want to use MP.

So I would like to request this feature. :)

(These PHPbb simley are too ugly. ;) )

A

Anonymous

mammut said:
    Oh, I first thought this was an old thread and that MP already had this feature.

Anyway, I tried out MP for the first time today and I like it so far but I need to have the screensaver on and I dont want to disable it everytime I want to use MP.

So I would like to request this feature. :)

(These PHPbb simley are too ugly. ;) )

To make the situation clear as of MP v0.0.0.10 :
    - screensaver blocking works
    - disabling of ACPI screen shut-off is not implemented
    - the use of a blank screensaver is a nice (IMO) mockup for the ACPI behaviour.

arnonm

Portal Member
    February 23, 2005
    Getting remote keypress to disable screensaver

How about getting the remote keypress to disable screensaver.
    Scenario is that main MP screen is on, and you walk away. Come back 2 hours later and SS is on - great that how it should be. Now press a key on the remote and SS should go away back to MP. That is not happening now.l

Arnon

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom