Disabling autorun / ignoring drive (1 Viewer)

DutchTerror

Portal Member
February 7, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Is it possible to totally disable autorun inside MediaPortal or for MediaPortal to ignore a certain (virtual) dvd drive?

I am using the MyEmulator plugin to run some PC games, some of those games require a disc to load which i solved by making a batch file which will first load an iso using daemon tools and then running the executable of the game.

MediaPortal seems to think some of these disks contain movies and MP asks me if I want to play the disc, so i turned autorun off in the music and Video section in the MP backend. Now MediapPortal asks me if i want to watch the files (pictures?) on the CD, therefor my question; Is it possible to totally disable autorun inside MediaPortal or for MediaPortal to ignore a certain (virtual) dvd drive.

Thanks in advance

*Just for information, i am not referring to the Windows XP autorun which is turned off in the group policies.*

frenzy

Portal Pro
April 29, 2008
Home Country
France France
Well, I've never had the problem so I'll just take a shot at this: Check the "don't autoplay,never ask" drop-down in the DVD config tab. If that doesn't work either, delete the virtual drive from the video, music and picture folders in MP config.

PhilipW

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 10, 2009
    North Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I have a similar problem detailed in another thread here in support which I'll link for you below on the off-chance somebody sees it and has ideas on it.

Trying many things to stop Media Portal from doing an autostart, I tried the above suggestion and unchecked the directories in Videos to scan and they just recheck themselves automatically. I even tried to remove them from the Videos folders list, but Media Portal wants at least one directory there, so I added just one, and Media Portal automatically added back my DVD drive and my Daemon Tools virtual drive. I use Moving Pictures plugin so I don't really need any directory scanning in the Videos section.

My similar problem is linked here: Unwanted autoplay y/n popup question - MediaPortal Forum

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom