Disc changer dialog improvement suggestion (1 Viewer)

felix_clerc

Portal Pro
October 28, 2009
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
MediaPortal Version: 1.1.1
MediaPortal Skin: Ble3 wide
Windows Version: Win 7 64 bits
CPU Type: Core 2 duo E7400
HDD: 500 Gb
Memory: 4 Gb
Motherboard: Asus P5Q-Pro
Video Card: Asus silent HD - ATI RADEON HD
Video Card Driver: ATI Catalyst ??.??
Sound Card: Integrated on mobo
Sound Card AC3: Integrated on mobo
Sound Card Driver: Realtek driver
1. TV Card: None
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: ffdshow
MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffdshow
h.264 Video Codec: ffdshow
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: Thermaltake Mozart SX
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote: Imon
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

Hello,

I posted about having multiple files for the same movie in the moving pictures forum, and used the merge function of this plugin to get access to the different versions of the movies I have in my collection (see this thread: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/moving-pictures-284/same-movie-multiple-format-way-choose-88726/ )

I was wondoering if it would be a huge change to get some more info when choosing the disc, I actually sometimes have to choose between 3 discs, which in fact are the movie in HD, the movie in iso, orr the movie's bonus disc in iso.
Having just the filename with its extension displayed would already help a lot, as the order of the discs is not necessarily correct and I sometimes run the bonus disc when I want in fact to play the HD version of the film.

Of course, getting logos like in tv series saying 720p, mp3 or dts, etc.. would be a plus, but at least the filename (not with the path) would already help a lot, as I would be able to choose between, let say "Meet Joe Black.mkv", "Meet Joe Black.iso" and "Meet Joe Black - Bonus.iso"

I hope my explanations are understandable, feel free to ask if it is not clear enough.

And of course, a huge thanks for your work on MePo, this is a great application!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom