Discoloration/incorrect colors with some mkv files (1 Viewer)

pannivas

Portal Pro
July 26, 2006
Nicosia
Home Country
Cyprus Cyprus
Hi there,

I am using MP 1.0 and i am experiencing some incorrect colors(green with blue) with some (4-5) mkv movies in mediaportal. With media player classic they play just fine but the problem persists through MP.

I am using ffdshow_rev2768_20090313_clsid as a h.264 video decoder.

I would appreciate any help,

Attachments

• discoloration.jpg
    discoloration.jpg
    41.5 KB
  • MP_Setup.JPG
    MP_Setup.JPG
    74.6 KB
  • ffdshow.JPG
    ffdshow.JPG
    48.4 KB

frenzy

Portal Pro
April 29, 2008
Home Country
France France
Υοu seem to have Offset & Flip turned on in ffdshow video decoder configuration. Disable it or move horizontally to the left the chroma plane.

frenzy

Portal Pro
April 29, 2008
Home Country
France France
Strange...
You can use offset & flip to correct it (as I mentioned before) but you would have a problem with the rest of the files. Try to install a generic build of ffdshow-tryouts instead of the clsid one you have now

pannivas

Portal Pro
July 26, 2006
Nicosia
Home Country
Cyprus Cyprus
i did have a generic ffdshow installed once the problem occured and i installed this version hoping to fix it...but it didn't :(

i don't know if its relevant but i noticed that mostly i get this problem with the mkvs that use L4.1 .

frenzy

Portal Pro
April 29, 2008
Home Country
France France
Οk, let's start at the beginning then. When DID this problem occur? What did you change at the time?

pannivas

Portal Pro
July 26, 2006
Nicosia
Home Country
Cyprus Cyprus
i noticed this problem when i downloaded 4-5 new hd movies. i have approximately 150 hd movies but i don't experience this problem, the problem is only with those few new movies.

I usually don't change anything as far as codecs/options are concerned. Just installing the new plugins/MP that i am using.

Thanks,

frenzy

Portal Pro
April 29, 2008
Home Country
France France
Sorry out of ideas, you can try creating a separate profile in ffdshow just for these movie files with offset enabled?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom