Discovery history and all HD channels not working (1 Viewer)

GreatMilenko

Portal Member
February 6, 2007
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
TV-Server Version: 1.0
MediaPortal Version: 1.0
MediaPortal Skin: wide
Windows Version: windows xp sp 2
CPU Type: AMD Turion 64 1600mhz
HDD: western digital 320gb
Memory: 1gb ddr2
Motherboard: MSI SKT754 RS482M-IL
Video Card: ATI Radeon express 200 crossfire (onboard)
Video Card Driver: 6.14.10.6571
Sound Card: onboard
Sound Card AC3: not used
Sound Card Driver: onboard
1. TV Card: FireDTV FloppyDTV C/CI
1. TV Card Type: DVB-C
1. TV Card Driver: 4.8.0
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: MPV
MPEG2 Audio Codec: MPA
h.264 Video Codec: ffdshow
Satelite/CableTV Provider: TDC
HTPC Case: HFX Mini
Cooling: Heatpipes to Cabinet
Power Supply: HFX external 220 watt
Remote: IMon
TV: JVC 32'' crt
TV - HTPC Connection: VGA to Scart custom connection

Hello i'm having a problem with "Discovery history channel" it only shows a still image and no sound, also all the HD channels have no image but has got sound. All other channels work perfectly.
I have attached logs for starting "Discovery history channel" and "Discovery HD channel".

Cheers
Uffe

GreatMilenko

Portal Member
February 6, 2007
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Well now i have tried using ffdshow as codec for all video and audio, but none of it worked and the strange thing is that even though ffdshow is enabled as default codec for tv playback it isn't used, since i have enabled onscreen display and that works when showing videos but not when showing live tv.

Also i have tested streaming and all channels works perfectly in VLC Player so the problem must be directly related to MediaPortal playback, since obviously the tv server works.

For some reason the ffdshow filter can't be added to the graph (MediaPortal.log):
008-12-27 21:54:47.812905 [Info.][MPMain]: added filter:ffdshow Video Decoder to graph
2008-12-27 21:54:47.828530 [Info.][MPMain]: failed:unable to add filter:ffdshow Video Decoder to graph
2008-12-27 21:54:47.828530 [Info.][MPMain]: failed filter:ffdshow Video Decoder not found

If you look at the image ("graph_MediaPortal PID (EF0) IFilterGraph = 959FC30.jpg" ) in "MediaPortalLogs_26_12_08 discovery HD.zip" then it seems that even though i have enabled only ffdshow but "MPV Decoder filter" is also present, that can't be right? Is Mediaportal trying to add two decoders to the filter graph?

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    BBC HD runs fine here with ffdshow for audio & Cyberlink codecs for video.

Regards
    Roy

GreatMilenko

Portal Member
    February 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Thanks i will try that, but i still think there is something fishy about the way that ffdshow is used for tv playback, especially since it works perfectly for video playback.

It would seem that the ffdshow video decoder is added to the graph in both cases but it is never connected between the "TsReader" and "video mixing renderer 9" video pins, also the "MPV Decoder filter" is there in both cases (still connected in discovery history) even though it isn't selected, so this seems to verify my former suspicion that MPV is always added no matter what the user selects.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    For HD channels you really need a good Video codecs like PDVD8 or something like that
    For Audio use ffdshow, open ffdshow audio configuration -> codecs & change MP1, MP2 to use MP3lib, save & start MP again.

Regards
    Roy

GreatMilenko

Portal Member
    February 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    It works using Cyberlink for both audio and video, maybe somebody should add it to the manual.
    There is till an issue with dropped sound when tuning into a new channel, however that can be fixed by fastforwarding and it was also present using ffdshow.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Nice that cyberlink works for you, it doesn't work for some SD channels which has audio in mono(Animal Planet, etc) & that should already be in wiki (if not contribute & add it for us).
    About codecs for HD channels, it's a bit try & fail now days since it's not very well tested & not been around for long (thinking about those that send 1980x1080 like Discovery hd does) with what tv tuner to use, what hardware to use(CPU/GPU) ;)

Regards
    Roy

GreatMilenko

Portal Member
    February 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Okay now i have tried the Cyberlink for video and ffdshow for audio, and i think i will stick to that configuration. With the newest version of ffdshow there is no loss of audio, so thanks for the info.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Okay now i have tried the Cyberlink for video and ffdshow for audio, and i think i will stick to that configuration. With the newest version of ffdshow there is no loss of audio, so thanks for the info.

I have been using that filter combo for live tv for almost a year now. No issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom