h.264 Video Codec:
    Satelite/CableTV Provider:
    HTPC Case: Antec Fusion Remote
    Cooling:
    Power Supply: Antec
    Remote: Imon
    TV: Sony 40'', 1080p
    TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

Previously I wrote about Diseqc 1.2 sat motor support https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal-1-1-0-rc-versions-496/diseqc-1-2-sat-motor-support-81465/#post611565, which turned to be not related to diseqc but to a card allocation logic. Seems that several others are mentioned in https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/bugtracker-feed-462/0002850-bugs-card-allocation-80976/#post607067

As I mentioned I have Skystar USB 2 HD CI card -> diseqc 1.2 Moteck motor ->1.0 diseqc Digiality switch -> and 2 LNBs (Ku linear and Ku circular) attached.

Below is MP's behavour I found:

During channels scanning:

1. If I opt for 4 different sats 3 of them set at diseqc AA (linear) and 1 at AB (circular), MP turns the dish although with some delay (and I have to click at the Diseq motor tab, no idea why this helps to start turning the dish) and therefore looses several transponders from the second, third, etc. sat. ie MP needs some delay while starting scanning before dish turns to the position.

2. If I scan sats one by one at the 1st sat position on the scanning tab and change DiseqC settings, MP did not move the dish, however may be I was just not fast enough in clicking the motor tab :)

Anyway after scanning, MP does not move the dish, although I choose channels on different sats, and tv.log shows:

Controller: card:4 type: DvbS is available priority:7 #users:0 same transponder:True

Therefore there was no need to send any diseqc command to motor and the switch. I looked in the code a little bit and found that this record seems to come from the code in AdvancedCardAllocation.cs

Log.Info("Controller: card:{0} type:{1} is available priority:{2} #users:{3} same transponder:{4}",

which raises the question how tuning parameters are compared, but I'm afraid I cannot find the exact place myself. I attach another small piece of tv.log where this issue is clearly seen on parameters of the channels.

Hope this helps to fix these issues.

MaxT

Attachments

• tv.zip
      30.6 KB

romuz

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 26, 2008
    Moskau
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Hi
    I see another problem in your logs.
    Your TechniSat card detected as Twinhan.
    Probably its the root of your issues with diseqc switching.

What drivers you are using WDM or BDA?

MaxT

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 9, 2009
    Home Country
    This card was indeed developed by Azurewave, аnd TechniSat is seling it. They order production at Twinhan. So the card should be detected as Twinhan. I've read this at the Russian distrubutor's site of the card. support.sattrade.ru • ???????? ???? - ????????-????? ?? ????? ?????? S2

Further ProgDVB also detects it as Twinhan and works fine. I am using BDA drivers.

As I mentioned DiseqC commands to the motor (go to position) are clearly seen at channels scanning stage (although they go with some delay as I mentioned) so the card accepts commands if they sent. In the log attached to this thread there are no diseqc commands to the motor and channels on transponders of different frequency, polarisation, diseqc position (AA or AB), etc. are regarded as the same transponder:

2010-04-30 01:44:36.317378 [(4)]: Controller: channel #1 DVBS:tv:RSCC A-ONE Freq:12303000 ONID:112 TSID:310 SID:400 PMT:0x122 FTA:True LCN:2081 SymbolRate:27500 Modulation:ModNotSet Polarisation:CircularL InnerFecRate:Rate3_4 DisEqc:Level1AB band:Circular Pilot:NotSet RollOff:NotSet

This was the first channel I tuned to and this was the last sat I scanned, so the next line is not surprising:

2010-04-30 01:44:36.320378 [(4)]: Controller: card:4 type: DvbS is available priority:7 #users:0 same transponder:True

however

then I go to the different sat:

2010-04-30 01:45:43.758235 [(4)]: Controller: channel #1 DVBS:tv:GlobeCast Strana TV Freq:11034000 ONID:318 TSID:12600 SID:1703 PMT:0x12C FTA:True LCN:147 SymbolRate:27500 Modulation:ModNotSet Polarisation:LinearV InnerFecRate:Rate3_4 DisEqc:Level1AA band:Universal Pilot:NotSet RollOff:NotSet

and the very next line in the log is:

2010-04-30 01:45:43.762236 [(4)]: Controller: card:4 type: DvbS is available priority:7 #users:0 same transponder:True

Isn't it strange?

Regards,

MaxT

romuz

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 26, 2008
    Moskau
    Home Country
    Indeed, then its ok. another problem.

Sent you PM

riksmith

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    As far as i can tell you are indeed seeing a known bug in cardallocation, but it should not be the problem you are facing. What you are seeing is that "sameTransponder" is set to true when you are the owner of the card, despite whether it is actually the same transponder. But since this is only used in determining which card to tune, and not the tuning itself it should not be a problem in your case.

MaxT

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 9, 2009
    Home Country
    If so, this issue may relate to TvCardDVBS where the decision to move the dish is made (if I understand the code correctly). Half of this day I tried to reproduce success in dish movement during the initial sats tuning phase and finaly got it.

I deloborately did not clear/shorten logs to show that during the initial sats tuning phase diseqc commands for the motor movement sometimes are passed correctly although late so several first transponders are not actually scanned.

I understand that for "the double layer" of diseqc devices setup (motor and switch) command for the motor should be repeated twice and this is always the case, however in most cases between 1st command and 2nd command there goes the command for for set the LNB on certain port to certain frequency, etc. and this effectively breaks the diseqc command to the motor.

In the attached logs there are two DiSEqC: goto position sets of commands and both were produced by MP, however the second set was send well after SetLnb diseqc port:1 22khz:1 low:10750 hi:0 switch:0 power:True which I understand means that the scanning of the second sat started. Also there is a strage command SetLnb diseqc port:2 in between of them meaning tuning of the first sat's LNB! and usually similar command is in between diseqc commands to the motor thus breaking them!

I will try to find time to produce such logs as I completely reinstalled TV server today.

However back to the tuning to the particular channel after sats scan - no diseqc commands are seen in the logs at all! So if the code in TvCardDVBS is responcible for the decision, the bug is there. Please help with this, otherwise I'll have to give up using MP!

Regards,

MaxT

I found the log where SetLnb diseqc port command is in between of Diseqc: goto position commands - at 2010-04-30 14:31:51.436960, at 2010-04-30 15:17:07.573331

Unfortunately I do not remember whether other sucssessful commands to the motor in this log file were given manually or by MP.

Regards,

MaxT

Attachments

• tv_log_OK_diseqc_motor.zip
      30.7 KB
    • tv mixed diseqc commands.zip
      30.7 KB

romuz

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 26, 2008
    Moskau
    Home Country
    I understand that for "the double layer" of diseqc devices setup (motor and switch) command for the motor should be repeated twice and this is always the case, however in most cases between 1st command and 2nd command there goes the command for for set the LNB on certain port to certain frequency, etc. and this effectively breaks the diseqc command to the motor.

SetLnb and goto position commands does not interfere when connection like dvb-card -> motor -> diseqc used

In the attached logs there are two DiSEqC: goto position sets of commands and both were produced by MP, however the second set was send well after SetLnb diseqc port:1 22khz:1 low:10750 hi:0 switch:0 power:True which I understand means that the scanning of the second sat started. Also there is a strage command SetLnb diseqc port:2 in between of them meaning tuning of the first sat's LNB! and usually similar command is in between diseqc commands to the motor thus breaking them!
    something strange in your logs
    first you scan 36e sat on circular lnb (port 2) then on universal (port1).

Did you scan your sats one by one separately with selected diseqc port and motor position as i suggested?

MaxT

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 9, 2009
    Home Country
    Yes, I tried that but MP stil does not produce diseqc motor commands when switching channels which are on different sats.

Regards,

MaxT

romuz

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 26, 2008
    Moskau
    Home Country
    Its strange. Could you check tvserver database directly ? To get information about what satelite tuning details are saved?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom