Dish will move to all positions except for one (1 Viewer)

Das Hammer

Portal Pro
June 14, 2007
Das Hoosier State
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
MediaPortal Version: 1.1 w/SVN 24669
MediaPortal Skin: blue3wide
Windows Version: XP MCE & SP3
CPU Type: Athlon 64 X2 5400+
HDD: Hitachi 250GB SATA
Memory: 2 Gig DDR2 800
Motherboard: Asus M2N-E
Video Card: 9500GT nVidia
Video Card Driver: latest nvidia 19x.xx something
Sound Card: Realtek
Sound Card AC3: AC3 via S/pdif
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: HDHomerun Dual
1. TV Card Type: ATSC
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card: Hauppauge Nova-S Plus
2. TV Card Type: DVB-S
2. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: Cyberlink9
MPEG2 Audio Codec: MPA
h.264 Video Codec: ffdshow
Satelite/CableTV Provider: FTA (freesat)
HTPC Case: Thermaltake Bach
Cooling: fans
Power Supply: PowerUp!
Remote: Harmony 880 pretending to be MCE
TV: Toshiba 57" DLP 1080p
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

Got a really strange situation going on that I have not run into before. I have been using the diseqc positioning in MP since it was in the beta TVE 3, so I'm pretty familiar with it.

What it boils down to is my dish will move to all of the stored positions when I change channels...except for one.

Here's what I have tried:
1. Double checked the diseqcmotor table in the database to see if the correct satellite number was being used and the correct position number was listed. Confirmed.

2. Used the diseqc positioner screen in tvserver config to see if it was pulling the correct info from the database. Confirmed.

3. Checked tv.log to see if the correct position number was being sent when changing channels. Confirmed.

4. Deleted channels associated with that position and rescanned them. No dice.

5. Did a complete cleanup of MediaPortal and TVServer. Started from scratch. Scanned in channels and it still won't move to position #36.

6. I Stored position #59 in my positioner box and changed the diseqcmotor table for this satellite to use position 59 instead of position 36. It still would not move, but I did confirm it was pulling the new position number from the table.

7. Figured there may be a problem with the satellite's xml file. Copied the contents of 121W xml to 2E xml file. Told TV server to scan in channels on 2E (which now has the TP's from 121W). Scanned in channels. Dish will still not move to this satellite.

I totally don't get it. It will move to positions 29, 40, and 48, but it will not go to 36. Completely baffled.
Fired up Mythtv and it isn't having any problems going to position 36, so I know it isn't the positioner box.

The only other thing I can think of is perhaps the drivers for the Hauppauge Nova-S plus are not working. I could only find WHQL drivers. I don't know if they have BDA drivers for it.

I know that's a lot of stuff to read and you probably have better things to do. If you have ANY ideas at all, please let me know. :D

Das Hammer

Portal Pro
June 14, 2007
Das Hoosier State
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
It started working properly for no reason, and now it has gone back to not working. I don't believe it to be a problem with MP though. Hard to figure out. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom