[confirm] Dishpro LNB; scanning finds Radio not TV channels (1 Viewer)

wderbi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 15, 2011
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    MediaPortal Version: MP 1.2 beta
    MediaPortal Skin: default
    Windows Version: Win 7 x64
    CPU Type: AMDPhenom X4 9350e 2.0GHz
    HDD: Western digital 1TB
    Memory: 4G Mushkin 800
    Motherboard: MSI 785GTM-E45 AM2+
    Video Card: EVGA 8600GTS
    Video Card Driver:
    Sound Card: on board
    Sound Card AC3:
    Sound Card Driver:
    1. TV Card: Genpix Skywalker-1
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-S
    MPEG2 Video Codec: FFDShow
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: FFDshow
    h.264 Video Codec: CyberLink
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: 119-110-129-91-82 W
    HTPC Case: Antec
    Cooling:
    Power Supply: Antec
    Remote: Windows Media (Dell)
    TV: Vizio
    TV - HTPC Connection: RGB

First, I apologize (1) if this is in the wrong section and (2) that I am not at home and I am unable to include logs.

My problem: I have been running ver 1.1.2 which has been working flawlessly for several months now. I initially had a small issue in that I was unable to watch channels that were scanned collectively from both 22khz "on" and "off" position...there was a bug in that version that allowed watching of channels in EITHER position but not both. This issue was patched using a fix graciously provided by mm1352000 . Saturday, I decided to upgrade to 1.2beta and have had a couple of problems:

(a) After initally trying to upgrade directly to 1.2beta, I was able to sucessfully do so; however, the TV server appeared to NOT upgrade properly. The version did change from 1.1.5 to 1.1.7 as if it did upgrade; unfortunately, I could not launch the TV server from within the mediaportal GUI...it would only "click" but it wouldn't launch the TVserver. I assumed this was a bug due to using the patch that mm1352000 provided to deal with the 22khz thingy, but I may be wrong. I was able to launch the TVserver configuration GUI and even tune to the previously scanned TV channels while in the config menu, but just could not launch the TVserver from within mediaportal. I tried to 'reinstall" a few times---each reinstall attempt kept indicating that the TVserver had to be updated, but it never updated. This was an issue that I was only able to resolve only after I did a complete uninstall and "fresh" install of Mediaportal 1.2b---which now succesfully launches the TVserver, but I have lost all channels and settings since I am back to scratch :(.

(b) With the fresh install and now starting all over with a new scan, I tried to scan the same exact way in 1.2beta that was very succesful in 1.1.2. My setting for my dishpro DPP44 switch was as follows:

I first change these settings to eliminate a lit of "unknown channels" issues: (Note---this pic was from a 1.1.2-based guide I wrote)

I then tried to duplicate these settings and started a new scan: (Note---this pic was from a 1.1.2-based guide I wrote)

I noticed that (a) the DVB-S scan took a lot longer in 1.2b than I remembered from 1.1.2. Also, (b) there were several instances where there was an extended time where there was maximum signal and quality, but no channels were found after scanning "paused" there for over a minute or so :mad:...in the past (1.1.2), there would be several channels found during those "pauses". After scanning one satellite (119W) using custom DP-specific frequency transponder list I found 180+ radio stations but only 6 TV stations. The 2 TV stations found were information channels that are NOT encrypted. The radio channels ARE encrypted but were perfectly identified in the scan. I could provide a log after I get home from work, but that will be in a few hours from now. In the past using the identical transponder list and similar LNB settings in MP1.1.2, I often got about 380 TV channels (encrypted and unencrypted), and about the same number (180+) of radio channels.

Any Ideas? :D

wderbi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 15, 2011
    Home Country
    I have included log files...I just zipped all log files together

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi wderbi

I can see the problem from your logs. The issue is that Dishpro seems to use "proprietary" service types (137, 140, 154, 164, 168...) for most/all of its television channels. Why does that matter? Well, MP can only handle television and radio services. Anything that is found in a scan that is not confirmed as a television or radio service is not added to the channel list. MP 1.1.x based television/radio detection on whether the service was detected as having audio and/or video (PMT elementary stream checking). That generally worked well, but it is ***really*** slow. We wanted to make some serious improvements to scanning speed in 1.3.x, so we've made some changes in 1.2.x to explore whether television/radio detection can work with SDT service types. Service types are *meant* to be standardised (1 = SD television, 2 = radio etc.), however we have already found a number of broadcasters/providers that are using "user defined"/custom/proprietary service types for regular television/radio standards - unfortunately Dishpro appears to be another one of those providers. I'll raise this issue in our team discussion...

Best regards,
    mm

wderbi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 15, 2011
    Home Country
    mm1352000,

I noticed that a lot of the channel names did show up in the logs and I noticed those service types (168, etc...). I figured that those weird numbers for service types had something to do with it, but I wasn't sure. Oh well...looks like 1.2 beta will not work for me and I have to go back to 1.1.2.:( Thanks for your input mm1352000!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again

I could post you a patch so you don't have to do any more messing around, but yes - 1.2.0b is not suitable for you as-is.

:sorry:

I would have warned you if I had known...

wderbi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 15, 2011
    Home Country
    Woo HOO!! That would be mighty kind of you sir!!!:D

Thanks in advanced!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again wderbi

Here is the DLL I promised; in fact I'm actually providing 2 DLLs. The (a) version picks up any channels that are detected as having audio and/or video. Channels with video are stored as TV channels; channels with audio are stored as radio. Exactly like 1.1.x. The (b) version is almost the same as the (a) version, but it has a slight twist. When I looked at your logs I noticed many of the channels had a service type of 0 (as opposed to 154, 164, 168 etc.) and didn't have a name either. I'm not sure whether they're "real" or not (some of them were detected as having either audio or video or both), but I figured it would be annoying to have them in your channel list if they're not. The twist on the (b) version is that it requires a channel to have a name or provider name as well as either audio and/or video before it will be picked up. Its your choice as to which one you prefer to use. As always, let me know if you have any further trouble.

mm
    :)

PS: these DLLs are only compatible with the build that wderbi is using (which is a custom build that deals with some other satellite LNB issues). They *won't* work with a regular 1.2.0b install...

Attachments

• TVLibrary(a)[1.2.0b_audio_video_detection].zip
      159.2 KB
    • TVLibrary(b)[1.2.0b_audio_video_detection].zip
      159.2 KB

wderbi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 15, 2011
    Home Country
    I will play with these when I get home from work...I will update you with my progress.

:D

wderbi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 15, 2011
    Home Country
    OK, I tried playing with these DLLs but with no success...perhaps I don't have a clue in how to do it correctly.:confused:

This is what I did so far: After extracting each of the DLLs, I initially renamed the TVLibrary.dll that was in my "C:\windows\program files (x86)\Team Mediaportal\Mediaportal TV Server\" folder. I then copied the (a) version to the "C:\windows\program files (x86)\Team Mediaportal\Mediaportal TV Server\" folder, restarted TVservice, then tried to scan channels. The program flew through the scan process of all transponders of 119W in less than 10 sec with no channels found. I repeated this process with version "b" with identical results. I renamed the "a" and "b" versions and restored the original TVlibrary.DLL and rescanned after restarting TV service---that bought me back to sqaure 1, but at least the scan sub-routine is working again---just not finding TV channels.

I next tried to register the DLLs and try again. I have been unsuccesful after numerous attempts to register the DLLs in win7 x64. I kept getting "cannot load" errors when trying to register using standard regsvr.32 syntax. I tried using the syswow64 version and now the error that I keep getting is "C:\windows\program files (x86)\Team Mediaportal\Mediaportal TV Server\TVLibrary.dll was loaded but theDllRegisterServer entry point was not found" and no registration....

Can someone tell me what is going wrong?:(

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    There must be some kind of error happening. Can you post logs for scanning with my DLLs...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom