Disk Space-o-meter (1 Viewer)

shred444

Portal Pro
May 13, 2006
Another feature,
Possibly a disk space meter that will let you know how much recording time is left when you press record on a program. Maybe this bar can be filled with another color to reflect how much space this recording may take up.

I've got plenty of disk space, but im always worried that im going to record just a little too much.

Rhys.Goodwin

Portal Pro
November 20, 2006
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I see the plug-in "TV Diskspace" under process plugins and it's enabled. How do I bring up a display showing how much diskspace is left? Or is that not what this plug-in is for?

McChots

Portal Pro
August 2, 2006
Johannesburg
Home Country
South Africa South Africa
I believe TV Diskspace is used by MP internally to check if you have enough space and deleting recordings that you have watched if needed.

There is a plugin called MPinfo that will show you how much space is left and also an estimation in hours based on your recording profile.
I'm sure it still in the plugins download section but if not I'll mail it to you.

pirlone

Portal Pro
October 21, 2005
Home Country
Croatia Croatia
can't find that plugin to d/l... even search in home page doesn't find anything by that name

rgs,
pirlone

idioteque

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    use Mainboard Monitor icm with the plugin: My status that gives you HDD space left and other PC info

McChots

Portal Pro
    August 2, 2006
    Johannesburg
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    My Status plugin is good if you need more info from your system but it requires Motherboard Monitor to run which is no longer developed(I Think).

Here is the MP Info plugin attached.

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Can you tell me how can I install this plugin? I put the dll into the C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal.svn\plugins\windows\MPinfo.dll
    and xml into the C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal.svn\Skin\BlueTwo\
    Mp was restarted but I dont see this plugin. :(

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Sorry I can find it under My Plugins.

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    It works but I dont understand where does mpinfo take the hours from? I think it needs the avarage mpeg2 Mb/sec parameters but it is hardcoded in the plugin. Am I right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom