[Usability] Display common waiting gfx while scanning files on a network. (1 Viewer)

Psycho Reptile

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2006
    Cambridge, England
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Started on: 2006-09-23
    Last update: 2010-01-03

Summary:
    My HTPC setup has all my files (audio/video/photos etc.) store remotely. These are accessed over a LAN network. My problem is that when navigating through MyMusic (shares) for example MP appears to visually freeze while checking for files on the network, music overlay play time for example freezes. The common waiting gfx are displayed doing the same thing if a video is being played.

Area:
    Skin wide.

Description:
    I'd like to see some kind of time limit, say half a second, implemented so that the common waiting gfx are displayed while MP is looking over the network. Just so that I can see MP is busy and not dead... Even if the common waiting gfx are just displayed until the shares facade is rendered.

Thanks

Psycho Reptile.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    This is a bug IMO, if the GUI freezes up while its busy then it should provide some indication to the user that its working.

Psycho Reptile

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2006
    Cambridge, England
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Five months on and no news. Please could one of the devs respond to this request/suggestion. I does make browsing my ever expanding music/movies/ tv series in shares view rather annoying... :(

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Five months on and no news. Please could one of the devs respond to this request/suggestion. I does make browsing my ever expanding music/movies/ tv series in shares view rather annoying... :(

Sorry that no one has managed to get any answer. I know it can be fustrating sometimes.

For MP1 it is not possible to have such because:

- 1.1.0 has been in feature freeze for quite long time already
    - MP rendering thread is blocked by many parts of the code where waiting happens -> not possible to render animated wait cursor

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom