Display Folder Shortcuts (1 Viewer)

GSteele

Portal Pro
April 6, 2006
Started on: 2007-02-27
last update: 2007-02-27

Summary:
It would be great if MediaPortal could treat Shortcuts to Folders as links and display them in folder browse windows. This would enable you to organise all your shortcuts in your My Videos Folder with local sub folders & shortcuts to folders located anywhere on your LAN.

Area:
My Videos
My Music

Description:
As many of us use multiple hard disks and multiple PC's organising all your videos in one place is often impossible. I have almost a terabyte of documentaaries spread over 4 PC's and 5 HDD & similar for TV Series. The Documentaries Series are all in folders on the local HDD so creating shortcuts is as simple as navigating using a UNC path to the share and highlighting all the folders and right clicking to creat shortcut. These shortcuts could then be placed in the MediaPortal Local Documentaries "Master Folder". These shortcuts then just behave as if you were in explorer displaying a folder icon if folder.jpg exists and navigating to the path as appropriate.

MS MCE does this and it means you can easily organise\visualise large collections across multiple locations in one view rather than having Multiple Doco & TV Series folders defined under the Movie Folders option.

Alternatively: if Folders could be "combined" in the view then you wouldn't need to remember to make short cuts at all. This combining could be by simply naming the Folder Decription the same and grouping accordingly.

Thanks for all the Hard work the developers have put into this great project.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom