[EPG] Display incrementing Channel numbers in EPG-Page (1 Viewer)

jimbeam128

Portal Pro
December 16, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Started on: 2010-06-22
last update: 2010-06-22

Summary: The Channel numbers shoud be displayed incremented from top to bottom

Area: EPG (Program) Page in MediaPortal

Description:

I know it´s possible to change the Channel number in the TV-Server config - for DVB-S. I also know that it is NOT possible to change the Channel numbers for DVB-C.

But the solution to display and change channel numbers for the TV-Program next to the channel names is awful.

I think it´s clear that the first channel in the TV-Program page ist one. Second, two and so on...

But when we activate the option to display the channel numbers in MediaPortal Config, different channel numbers are displayed. DVB-S and DVB-T users manually have to change every channel if they want to have "senseful" channel numbers displayed. DVB-C users have no chance to get senseful channel numbers displayed.

I would appreciate a solution where we could activate an option where the Channel numbers are displayed in the TV-Program page AND where the Channel number start with one at the top and increments to the bottom.

Please let me know your suggestions :D

riksmith

Portal Pro
April 18, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Started on: 2010-06-22
last update: 2010-06-22

Summary: The Channel numbers shoud be displayed incremented from top to bottom

Area: EPG (Program) Page in MediaPortal

Description:

I know it´s possible to change the Channel number in the TV-Server config - for DVB-S. I also know that it is NOT possible to change the Channel numbers for DVB-C.

But the solution to display and change channel numbers for the TV-Program next to the channel names is awful.

I think it´s clear that the first channel in the TV-Program page ist one. Second, two and so on...

But when we activate the option to display the channel numbers in MediaPortal Config, different channel numbers are displayed. DVB-S and DVB-T users manually have to change every channel if they want to have "senseful" channel numbers displayed. DVB-C users have no chance to get senseful channel numbers displayed.

I would appreciate a solution where we could activate an option where the Channel numbers are displayed in the TV-Program page AND where the Channel number start with one at the top and increments to the bottom.

Please let me know your suggestions :D

From 1.1.0 it is possible to edit DVB-C channel numbers.

I do not know what you mean by "DVB-S and DVB-T users manually have to change every channel if they want to have "senseful" channel numbers". I don't know how you added your channels, but normally a channel scan retrieves the info from the network if it is available.

When i do not activate "show channels numbers" i do not get any number at all. You however state that you get "different channel numbers"

There is another option "select channels by index" in mp config. I think that is what you actually want. I think if you enable "show channel numbers" and have that option ticked you should (currently doesn't) get the index as channel number.

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Display incrementing Channel numbers in EPG-Page

When I do a scan on my DVB-T channels, all get the number 10000. So I DO have to renumber them, if I want to display channel numbers. I have the option "select channels by index" enabled and "show channels numbers" disabled, because I´m to lazy to enter all the channel numbers. Nevertheless I can switch to a desired channel by entering the number it occupies in the respective list.

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Display incrementing Channel numbers in EPG-Page

I think it isn´t a bug, the DVB-T here does not transmit channel numbers - but would be a good idea to implement that feature to automatically assign them ;)

riksmith

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Re: AW: Display incrementing Channel numbers in EPG-Page

I think it isn´t a bug, the DVB-T here does not transmit channel numbers - but would be a good idea to implement that feature to automatically assign them ;)

I have a working patch here to show the index number instead of the channel number when you select "show channelnumber" and "select by index".
    Will make a mantis and post it in the appropriate place.

jimbeam128

Portal Pro
    December 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So my problem is this here:

greenshot_2010-08-06_15-48-01.jpg

And there is no chance to edit senseful channel numbers:

1 ARD
    2 ZDF
    3 WDR Köln

and so on.

riksmith

You´ve got a patch for displaying the index numbers? - Can you tell me where I can get that? Could you provide a link?

Best regards:D

riksmith

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    So my problem is this here:

greenshot_2010-08-06_15-48-01.jpg

And there is no chance to edit senseful channel numbers:

1 ARD
    2 ZDF
    3 WDR Köln

and so on.

@riksmith

You´ve got a patch for displaying the index numbers? - Can you tell me where I can get that? Could you provide a link?

Best regards:D

Patch will follow within a few days, but i can not supply any binaries, just the patch file. You would have to compile the code yourself then.

Just one question: Why can't you edit the channel numbers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom