[VFD] Display information when waking up to record TV (1 Viewer)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I have the mediaportal minidisplay plugin set to display "HTPC Sleeping" when the HTPC is asleep. When tvserver wakes the computer up to record something the monitor stays blank/off and the vfd still displays "HTPC Sleeping". If I press a key on the remote then the monitor wakes up and the VFD displays "Mediaportal: Basic home" or whatever. Sometimes it's difficult to know if the PC is awake or not and it's sometimes tempting to press the power button to wake up the PC because I don't realise it has already been woken up by tvserver.

It would be great if the minidisplay plugin could detect when the PC was woken up by tvserver and display something informative on the VFD eg. "TV Server: Woken to Record" or something like that. When the PC went back to sleep after the recording it would change back to "HTPC Sleeping" or whatever...

(or)

It would be good if mediaportal/tvserver had an option to re-activate the display when it woke up for a scheduled recording.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    bump, would this be actually considered a bug

When my single client/server wakes up from sleep to record a program the lcd display still reads the shutdown message, surely it should display something differently. While it is recording if I move the mouse around then the display wakes up and displays the usual mediaportal message.

netexplorer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 21, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Display information when waking up to record TV

I have posted this behaviour in minidisplay thread also with logs. But chemelli didn't solve this so far. My display didn't switch on when i use my remote. Only when i move the mouse around, the display switches on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom