Display Music Cover embedded in ID3 tag (1 Viewer)

RandyKC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Installed the 1.0 Release and now it looks like I can pull artwork using the cover embedded in the ID3 tag. I'm not seeing covers in the main "My Music" view however.

I have my music set up as complete albums in their own folders (c:\albums\3 Doors Down - Away From The Sun) and the individual tracks inside those folders. After the scan was performed, I saw all of the covers in the Thumbs\Music folder with 2 files per cd. When I go to My Music, I see the empty folder image and the artist - Title of the cd. If I open the individual folders, the tracks all show the cover artwork and the large image on the rights shows the cover. Why wouldn't the cover display in the My Music view? Thanks.

alank

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2006
    NJ
    Home Country
    Are you using the "Shares" view? If so, try some of the other views to see how they react. I think to utilize the database you have to switch to one of the other views. But maybe you have already tried this. If so, you might want to post in the MediaPortal 1|Main Features|Watch / Listen Media|Listen Music|Support forum instead. hwahrmann & rtv have been quite helpful there.

RandyKC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    Home Country
    I am indeed trying to use the Shared view but I think I found the answer. After doing multiple rescans and different options, I noticed that it was finding some covers (maybe 15%) and displaying those in the My Music Shared view. So I went back into the configuration and chose the checkbox to "create missing folder.jpg" and that seems to have done the trick. It's now showing the embedded covers fro the ID3 tag in the main view.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom