divx author (1 Viewer)

ohdarklord

Portal Pro
December 31, 2005
Scotland
Home Country
Scotland Scotland
Ive been reading about divx author and how it can make menus, chapters, aditional audio tracks and subtitles for divx files to make them work just like a dvd but with divx compretion.
heres a link to it http://www.divx.com/divx/windows/author/

does any one know if these files could be played back in mp?

geocas1

Portal Member
January 12, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Testing out DivxAuthor

I am encoding a DVD using the trial of the DivxAuthor and will see if it plays with the plugins. I will post results ASAP encoding is taking a few hours.

geocas1

Portal Member
January 12, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
from the looks of it a plain movie file made with divx author works fine

a movie file with menu just plays the menu on a loop and you then cant get to the movie

plain movie file with chapters and multiple audio streams works but the chapters and optional streams dont work. they do work within divx own player but not outside.

those are at least the results I got.

Spagbol

Portal Member
June 23, 2006
It's the same with Matroska files and ratdvd files. Plain divx files (and mkv) have always worked, but there's no support for navigation within the files in MP. It's a huge shame because I would love to rip my DVDs to divx 6 with chapters and put them all on a couple of HDD. It would save having to find the DVD (they are stored in another room), get to the HTPC (which is tucked aout of the way) etc. and would give me easy access to any of them at any time.

RogueSquadron

Portal Member
May 3, 2006
Vienna, Austria
Home Country
Austria Austria
I agree, it would be nice to hear if the developers intend to include ratDVD support into MediaPortal in the near future.

Spagbol, a question regarding divx 6: can you also include Menus with divx6 like ratDVD does?

Rogue

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom