DIY TV Lift (1 Viewer)

ichessblumen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 21, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello there,

just want to show you how to hide your TV within a cabinet or other diy-boxes.

Main thing is a 24" linear actuator from firgelliauto.co.uk ( or if u r from overseas firgelliauto.com).has built in end-switches.
    - a linear guide rail (heavy duty) , mine's from auszugschienen24.de
    - 65x35x2,5 mm aluminum u-profile ( or any other size fits your application)
    - 12 Volts / 2-3 A
    - a commersial tv holder fits your VESA specification
    - some screws
    - timber, or a cabinet.... and here we go.
    - if needed a rf-remote control for up and down ( two relays for change of the motor direction)...diy-set from pollin.de

I use MDF for the cabinet and then the same fabric my couch has. so this thing will be hidden at the end of my couch.

some puictures from planning and the actual status. atm ist's all running. the actuator can handle 50 kgs ( dunno how much lbs are this).

tbc
    cheers
    ieb

Attachments

• tvlift2.jpg
      tvlift2.jpg
      148.5 KB
    • TVlift1.jpg
      TVlift1.jpg
      192.5 KB
    • tvlift3.jpg
      tvlift3.jpg
      240.3 KB

ichessblumen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 21, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: DIY TV Lift

thanks Jay_UK :)

Meanwhile the fabric showed up here and I started with the cramping job. Unfortunately I ran out of cramps for my stapler, so I've got to go to the diy-superstore to buy more.

The connecting plate is ready and will be mounted on the backplate of the cabinet.

Attachments

• TVlift4.jpg
      TVlift4.jpg
      160.9 KB

ichessblumen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 21, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: DIY TV Lift

here we go...it's ready. attched some pics of the building-process. a video follows.

Attachments

• tvlift9.jpg
      tvlift9.jpg
      155.7 KB
    • tvlift8.jpg
      tvlift8.jpg
      124.3 KB
    • tvlift7.jpg
      tvlift7.jpg
      209.7 KB
    • tvlift6.jpg
      tvlift6.jpg
      170.1 KB
    • tvlift5.jpg
      tvlift5.jpg
      152.9 KB
    • tvlift10.jpg
      tvlift10.jpg
      152.5 KB

Mar

January 22, 2017
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hello there,

just want to show you how to hide your TV within a cabinet or other diy-boxes.

Main thing is a 24" linear actuator from firgelliauto.co.uk ( or if u r from overseas firgelliauto.com).has built in end-switches.
    - a linear guide rail (heavy duty) , mine's from auszugschienen24.de
    - 65x35x2,5 mm aluminum u-profile ( or any other size fits your application)
    - 12 Volts / 2-3 A
    - a commersial tv holder fits your VESA specification
    - some screws
    - timber, or a cabinet.... and here we go.
    - if needed a rf-remote control for up and down ( two relays for change of the motor direction)...diy-set from pollin.de

I use MDF for the cabinet and then the same fabric my couch has. so this thing will be hidden at the end of my couch.

some puictures from planning and the actual status. atm ist's all running. the actuator can handle 50 kgs ( dunno how much lbs are this).

tbc
    cheers
    ieb
    Hey this might be a long shot but your project is the closest thing I could find to using a tubular linear actuator and incorporating it into a tv lift. I'm having a hell of a time trying to find that linear rail that you have to support the actuator. Where did you get that?

Also great job on the lift, i love it. Hows it holding up all these years later?

ichessblumen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 21, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey Mar,

Thanks, and good to know that this thing is still a source of inspiration.
    I am not quite sure what do you mean with " the linear rail that supports the actuator" ? If I get you right, then you talk about the drawer slides attached to a u-shaped aluminun profile, right? That's diy. The profile is from the local diy-superstore. OBI.

Hope that'll help.

Cheers.
    ieb

Mar

January 22, 2017
    Home Country
    Hey Mar,

Thanks, and good to know that this thing is still a source of inspiration.
    I am not quite sure what do you mean with " the linear rail that supports the actuator" ? If I get you right, then you talk about the drawer slides attached to a u-shaped aluminun profile, right? That's diy. The profile is from the local diy-superstore. OBI.

Hope that'll help.

Cheers.
    ieb
    Hey ieb!

Yes this was the best diy solution I could find to using a standard (i.e cheaper) linear actuator.

hahah yes thats exactly what I'm talking about. After a couple days of searching the dark corners of the internet trying to find this "extending aluminum profile" I spent some time looking at your pictures for clues of where to look. Then it finally hit me, along with reading you initial post a few times that you pieced it together. After i realized that i was really impressed and SO relieved that its possible to put this together with a few diy parts.

I managed to find an appropriate aluminum channel on ebay that delivers locally, but as far as the drawer slides did you use anything special? or just a standard set of ball bearing slides that extend (at least) the stroke of the actuator?

Also in regards to the drawer slides, If my stroke is 550mm (total extended length 1205mm) will i be ok just getting slides that are around 5-600mm in length? Im having a hard time with the slides because my local sites dont show the extended length of the slide - im hoping its just double if they are fully extending.

Thank you so much for responding after all this time.

ichessblumen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 21, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Mar,

Glad to hear that you finally found a supply source for the alloy profile.

I use a standard ball bearing drawer slide matching the extended length of the stroke. Usually the extended length of drawer slides are at least double the unextended lenghth. Then u are on the safe side anyway.
    May I ask where are you from having this challenge to find and order the pieces?

And yes, my rig is still running. No prob at all after 6 years.

Have fun mate and please post yours once u're ready.

Cheers.
    ieb

Mar

January 22, 2017
    Home Country
    Hi Mar,

Glad to hear that you finally found a supply source for the alloy profile.

I use a standard ball bearing drawer slide matching the extended length of the stroke. Usually the extended length of drawer slides are at least double the unextended lenghth. Then u are on the safe side anyway.
    May I ask where are you from having this challenge to find and order the pieces?

And yes, my rig is still running. No prob at all after 6 years.

Have fun mate and please post yours once u're ready.

Cheers.
    ieb
    Im in the UK, but the sites I'm looking at for some reason dont tell you what the extended length (of a full extension) slide are, I would assume its double as you mentioned but just wanted to make sure. The stroke of my actuator in 600mm, with a total extended length of 1305. I'm assuming when im measuring for the slide I can exclude the length of the actual actuator body (105mm)? This would make it simple as 600mm slides are easy to find, though I do have a little wiggle room and could get a 650mm to be safe.

Wow thats great to hear, it seems I am getting a similar actuator as yours. The cheapest ones I could find were from China (as they get into the hundreds of £££ here) and aside from the long time to receive im happy to hear it has a good life.

And again thanks for helping me out, made some good tractions in my plans and am losing sleep as i cant wait to get the pieces here and started! I will post as soon as I'm done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom