dlan TV SAT DVB-S (not recommended) (1 Viewer)

GregorV

Portal Pro
October 2, 2007
Bonn
Home Country
Germany Germany
After some time testing the dlan TV SAT, I now went back to my Nova S2. The idea for that DVB-S network adapter is quite interesting but I experienced some points that are not nice - at least if this adapter is used with MP.

1. Scanning is not reliable because channels are missing and complete transponders cannot be scanned (no signal).
2. HD-channels do not work (except EinsFestival HD) - even if the channel is added manually.
3. More worse is that the network seems to be flooded with some kind of IGMP traffic which locks my WLAN access point and apparently brings my Lancom Router into a strange state. Also the network connection is not working over my LCS switch.
4. Finally the included software 'Enhance' is not usable (looks like Mediaportal, but is far away from beeing one)
5. There is NO support, if other software than Enhace is used.

The HD-channel problems also can be found with TransEdit - so they are not MP-related.
The network issues will not appear, if the Powerlan adapters from the starter kit are used, but I wanted this adapter to be accessible from more than one PC (of course not at the same time).

For the future there my be improvements by better firmware and/or drivers but currently I cannot recommend this DVB-S receiver for Mediaportal.

Gregor

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom