DNTV (DigitalNow) Live! Dual Card + Remote Control (1 Viewer)

craigparris1

Portal Pro
May 20, 2008
Home Country
Hi guys,

Can anyone tell me whether the bundled remote that comes with the DigitalNow cards works with MediaPortal? I'm thinking about getting either the Dual PCI card (not the hybrid) or perhaps the new Quad card.

Anyone have experience with either of these cards and use of the included remote with MP?

Cheers,
Craig

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Craig

So you're talking this dual digital (sorry DN have/had quite a lot of "dual" models so it is quite confusing)?
    My guess would be no, but it all depends on how the remote driver is installed. I bought a Digital Now QuattroS several years ago which came with a remote. I could only get the remote to work with the HID version of the driver, which meant that it operated pretty much like a keyboard. I configured EventGhost in such a way that I could use it to control any application in my PC - quite powerful really. In fact I still use this same remote with EventGhost today even though I no longer use the same tuner. The remote uses standard RC5 commands which are understood by many devices and drivers. Currently the remote is plugged into a Technotrend Budget S2 3200 card (the driver understands RC5 on the remote input) and I use an EventGhost plugin for Technotrend cards to receive the commands in Windows. Works nicely for my needs...

mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom