Does anyone else feel that My Music is now incredibily buggy in MP 1.1 RC1? (1 Viewer)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Not sure if it is
    fanart handler, one button music, or MP 1.1 RC1
    that is causing the problems.

My Music occasionally crashes.
    Sometimes the currently played artist information doesn't match the actually track that is being played.
    Also had an instance when mediaportal was playing 2 different audio tracks at once, and i could only control one of the tracks.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    There were not too much changes in 1.1 in the Music part.
    I don't think, that music is the root cause of the problems. And i don't expect to be OneButtonMusic either causing the troubles.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    yeah i might also rebuild the database, i copied the old database accross from my install (altho I don't think it is actually using the old database) maybe the database is corrupt somewhere. the log mentioned out of memory errors / corrupt memory errors.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    yeah i might also rebuild the database, i copied the old database accross from my install (altho I don't think it is actually using the old database) maybe the database is corrupt somewhere. the log mentioned out of memory errors / corrupt memory errors.
    I was having issues with this prior to 1.1 RC1 and it was fanarthandler which was causing the issues (well the large images it was throwing around...)

This was solved however for RC1.... might be worth checking your memory usage when browsing music. I found that simply y changing views memory usage would keep increasing and never go down (ie. change from icons to large icons to filmstrip...)

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Does anyone else feel that My Music is now incredibily buggy in MP 1.1 RC1?

fanart handler gave me a lot of other issues as well. Most might be related to the fact that it doesn't use MediaPortalDirs.xml and therefore tries to use the wrong thumb dirs...

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Ho ho how & no it's not Christmas but without logs or step by step on howto reproduce this thread doesn't say much.
    Been playing very much music & not had any problems like this but test was with B3W & StreamedMP without fanart plugin.

Regards
    Roy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom