Does Hauppauge's WinTV-HVR-950 hybrid ATSC / NTSC work with TVServer3? (1 Viewer)

MacMini

Portal Pro
May 16, 2006
Anyone has the Hauppauge's WinTV-HVR-950 hybrid ATSC / NTSC TV tuner working in TVServer?

TVServer sees both the digital and the analog tuners.

The problem for me is, it doesn't find any channels when scanning analog. It shows no signal at all.

Yet, when using the Hauppauge's software, it finds and plays about 60 channels.

Is this supposed to work, or am I just wasting my time trying?

JLoser

Portal Member
September 15, 2006
I'm using the WinTV-HVR-950 hybrid with the TV3 server, but I'm only using the digital side and can confirm that is does pick up channels when scanning. Haven't tried scanning with the analog tuner yet.

MacMini

Portal Pro
May 16, 2006
Thank you both!

I fought with this until the small hours, and got it working, in Vista:)

Uninstalled ALL Hauppauge software, including the drivers. For good measure, uninstalled TVServer3 and the plugin.

Installed the drivers from hauppauge_cd_3.4b, which is the Vista Beta from the Hauppauge site. Then installed EVERYTHING that the Hauppauge installer checked by default, including the "no hardware acceleration" option.

Reinstalled the latest (as of today) TVServer3 and plugin.

Scanned the analog, and IT WORKED!

Analog looks pretty bad on a 60" plasma, but at least I get CNN.

MacMini

Portal Pro
May 16, 2006
I fought with this until the small hours, and got it working, in Vista:)...

I jumped the gun here. It's not really working:-(

I can scan the analog channels and watch them in MP with TVServer3. But if I restart, I lose all the channels, and have to scan again to get them. No go, in my book.

Also, HDHomeRun is not working, now that I got the Hauppauge card sort of "working." HDHomeRun finds all the channels in its own Setup Panel, but if I try to scan in TVServer3, it now finds nothing, plus it quits in the middle of the scan most of the times.

Very frustrating!

I'd switch to the built-in TV2, but now in RC3, it doesn't recognize either HDHomeRun, or WinTV 980. I am also ready to throw in the towel, and go back to Vista MCE, which I really, really don't want to do, since everything else in MP is working now.

Any suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom