Does MP support this model remote? (1 Viewer)

clivegriffiths

Portal Member
November 3, 2005
Okay, I'm planning to install MP on my sisters PC and I'm having trouble getting a Microsoft MCE 2005 remote from my usual sources (both out of stock), plus I just remember its an OEM product, so I need to buy something else with it to satisfy the Windows OEM conditons, so I figured I'd give eBay a try and found this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BRAND-NEW-Win...826342868QQcategoryZ51086QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem . Its cheaper than the latest Microsoft MCE 2005 remote (which is what I have) according to the seller is an earlier version, without the four colored buttons at the bottom. So my question is, will it work out of the box with MP?

Smirnuff

Portal Pro
December 7, 2004
United Kingdom
Better to avoid the one pictured in the auction, it lacks the all important coloured buttons, these allow you to toggle between fullscreen and windowed media playback, invoke the context-menu, return to home and aspect ratio selection.

clivegriffiths

Portal Member
November 3, 2005
Smirnuff said:
Better to avoid the one pictured in the auction, it lacks the all important coloured buttons, these allow you to toggle between fullscreen and windowed media playback, invoke the context-menu, return to home and aspect ratio selection.
Okay, fair enough. Anyone know of an UK online retailers that sell the Microsoft MCE 2005 remote kit. Both I know both ebuyer and scan.co.uk normally have them, but both are currently out of stock! Any suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I've made a workaround using Autohotkey. If you don't want to install that should this problem arise for you, you can use my compiled .exe and add it to the autostart folder of Windows 8.1 and above. The functionality then is, when you press the Volume Up button on your MCE remote, this will send ALT+TAB to your HTPC, bringing...
I've made a workaround using Autohotkey. If you don't want to install that should this problem arise for you, you can use my...
This is something completely new for me. I've had this installation for a long time and the only thing I've change AFAIK, is...
Replies
Views
P.S. - Strangely, the TV Server my single seat setup (1.27 on a modest machine running Windows 10 Pro x64) is working from my office machine MP client. Same exact network, firewall, Defender settings. It's a slightly older version of Win 10 though - I haven't updated to 20Hx on it yet. Maybe I shouldn't (or maybe I should image it...
P.S. - Strangely, the TV Server my single seat setup (1.27 on a modest machine running Windows 10 Pro x64) is working from my...
Let me start by asking if anyone has TV Server running PROPERLY on a Windows 10 machine, and if so are you using RTSP or UNC share...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 MP2 DLNA status? DE
What I meant is that we have a MP2 plugin called UPnP Render that can play media from DLNA servers if I remember correctly. I don't know the current state of the plugin though. That's why MP2 probably never will be certified. ;) Yes, that was also the idea, but it is a big job as all TV's, software etc. seems to not do everything...
What I meant is that we have a MP2 plugin called UPnP Render that can play media from DLNA servers if I remember correctly. I don't...
So I'm wondering what the state of play is with MP2 and DLNA functionality? When I started this post, I did see some posts...
Replies
Views
Hello and welcome to MediaPortal! Most of your questions are very standard and repeatedly asked - and replied to. ;) Asimple internet search should give you plenty of answers, that you need of course to find your way through. Hardware is not decisive, both will work I recommend to drop SD and use the "EPG-Buddy" in connection with...
Hello and welcome to MediaPortal! Most of your questions are very standard and repeatedly asked - and replied to. ;) Asimple...
It's looking like SageTV and it's support is dying a slow death at this point so I am looking at alternatives. I have a few...
Replies
Views
hello @Terriff sorry, but IRSS is not maintaned by community, but always open the last source files are here : Azzuro/IR-Server-Suite
hello @Terriff sorry, but IRSS is not maintaned by community, but always open the last source files are here ...
Hi all. Haven't been here in a long time, but I've been using IRSS for like 10 years now and I still love it! I know it's not...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom