Does new version solve these problems? (1 Viewer)

Richard Hole

Portal Pro
March 27, 2009
Home Country
Hello

I have MediaPortal_1.0. Do you have a later version with significant advantages that could overcome the below problems?

A problem I have with the current version is that if I minimize media portal or press the “show desktop” icon, Portal crashes. It would be good if it minimized on the task bar like other programs.

Also, sometimes when I record a second program at the same time the first program stops recording even though the software indicates that it is still recording. However, mostly this problem does not occur. Often I check the file sizes in Windows explorer to ensure that the file sizes are increasing to ensure that it is still working.

Also, could the latest version help me to overcome the below problems I asked about in the earlier posts.

After my computer crashed one day where I had to scan for the channels again, my Hauppauge HVR-2200 duel tuner card is no longer able to record two UHF TV channels at the same time like it could do before as explained at https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...cording-two-uhf-tv-channels-95021/#post728599 ? I can however, record two VHF channels or one UHF channel and one VHF channel at the same time.

Do you think I could plug in another type of tuner as well to record a third channel at the same time? Unlike the Hauppauge one, the one I am thinking of would be a stick that plugs into the USB port like at USB TVStick . If I plug in this other tuner would it be likely to cause a problem with a conflict if I used the software that came with the tuner stick? Could it be possible to also use MediaPortal for this tuner stick while still using MediaPortal for my Hauppauge HVR-2200 duel tuner card?

Your help would be appreciated
Regards Richard

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom