Does pluging support a 'folder' view? Potential to scare my kids to death if not! (1 Viewer)

Pom

Portal Pro
August 10, 2006
Gloucester
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi,

Installed Moving Pictures last night - gutted i didn't do it sooner as it's an amazing plugin.

I have a quick question: With my movies allocated into different folders on my PC, can Moving Pictures display a folder view and not completely flatten the hierarchy? For example, on my PC i have three movie folders with titles thus "For the kids", "For the family" and "for the grown-ups" (along those lines anyway!) The built in My Videos plugin handles this well, so to put a movie on for my kids i just browse to the folder and they don't need to see all the 'scary' grown-up movie covers.

Moving Pictures however, whilst grouping them together as they are in the folders, has completely flattened the hierarchy. So to put a film on for the kids i now have to scroll through all the scary grown up film covers (The Strangers, My Bloody Valentine etc. etc. - understand what i mean?!) to get to the cartoons.

If Moving Pictures enables me to maintain the 'folder view' then great - please could someone advise how to do this. If not then i think it should definitely be considered as an enhancement to the plugin. i don't think it's right to group cartoons together with horror films and the like as the covers alone are enough to give kids nightmares.... (calling on all sypathetic parents to back me up here!)

Thanks,
Lee

JoeSmith

Portal Pro
November 17, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
that function should be implemented in 0.8 (coming soon).
right now it's not possible
The only thing you could right now is to sort by rating and put the ones with the lower ratings on top

ZealotSix

Portal Pro
August 18, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
As Joe said, you can sort by Certification. You also might want to look at the sort by File Path.

ixian

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2007
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I'd just wait for version 0.8 (which I believe is right around the corner, I keep seeing skin authors already using it anyway). The sorting function it has is a massive improvement that will do exactly what you want and a whole lot more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom