Does someone have the MotorolaSerialPortTuner plugin? (1 Viewer)

pocketpal

Portal Member
January 9, 2005
Indiana, USA
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
A few days ago, I finally setup my MP to tune in digital cable channels from my external Motorola settop box, and I bought a serial cable to interface between the box and my HTPC. The idea was to use this plugin to automatically change the channel on the settop box when MP changed to one of the digital channels.

Original thread:
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/viewtopic.php?t=8506

However, when I went to download the plugin from the forums, I found that the link was dead, and the author no longer has the file or the source code for it. He suggested that I ask around the forum to see if someone else can provide it to me, so... I'm asking. :wink:

BTW, I see there is a plugin included with MP (MPExTuneCmd) that seems to be for this purpose, but from what I've read about it in the forums, it seems to only be for DirectTV satellite boxes. Is this correct? Could it be used to control my Motorola digital cable box?

patrick

Portal Pro
April 20, 2005
Southeast
Home Country
pocketpal said:
A few days ago, I finally setup my MP to tune in digital cable channels from my external Motorola settop box, and I bought a serial cable to interface between the box and my HTPC. The idea was to use this plugin to automatically change the channel on the settop box when MP changed to one of the digital channels.

Original thread:
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/viewtopic.php?t=8506

However, when I went to download the plugin from the forums, I found that the link was dead, and the author no longer has the file or the source code for it. He suggested that I ask around the forum to see if someone else can provide it to me, so... I'm asking. :wink:

BTW, I see there is a plugin included with MP (MPExTuneCmd) that seems to be for this purpose, but from what I've read about it in the forums, it seems to only be for DirectTV satellite boxes. Is this correct? Could it be used to control my Motorola digital cable box?

I have the file.
I uploaded to the MP home page downloads/plugins/tv section but it did not show up when I looked. (Did recompile it for a recent SVN).
If it still does not show up I can email it if you want.

As far as MPExTuneCmd goes.
IIRC you can configure it to use any exe file you want it just has to be able to accept the command line parameters that the plugin sends to it.
So you would need to find a program that supported you cable box in this manner.

HTH,
patrick

patrick

Portal Pro
April 20, 2005
Southeast
Home Country
mzemina said:
patrick - Did you upload the source code also?

Mike

Mike,

Yes, the source is in the zip file also.
(Includes the minor changes made so it would compile for the newer MP settings and the solution was upgraded for Visual C# 2005 Express.)

patrick

pocketpal

Portal Member
January 9, 2005
Indiana, USA
Home Country
Patrick,

Thank you for your prompt reply! I really appreciate that not only did you upload it for me and others, but you realized it needed updating to work and proceeded to fix it.

I also see that it now appears in the plugins download area, and I will give it a go at lunch today.

Super!! :D

Doug

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom