Does the Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2200 work with Mediaportal (1 Viewer)

Zinu

Portal Pro
February 28, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hey,

I was looking for the Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2200 to be my TV-card in my coming HTPC-system, but I wasn't able to find it in the official support list. Now I was wondering if somebody in person could tell me whether it works with Mediaportal or not?

Thanks in advance,
Zinu.

Zinu

Portal Pro
February 28, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
So you can do everything with the card, everything works, except TVServer together with analog?

Zinu

Portal Pro
February 28, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
But how are you watching TV then? I see you are Dutch, so with DVB-T you can only watch Nederland 1+2+3. Do you have another tuner running until TVServer will be updated for this?

Bram

Portal Pro
December 12, 2005
's-Hertogenbosch
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I'm not using the TVserver at the moment. I'm waiting anxiously for the HVR-2200 support so I can use the TV server to stream live tv to my XBOX running XBMC :)
I do have two other cards (PVR 150MCE) but I only have a PCIe slot free, no PCI. So I'll have to be patient. MisterD will start integrating support as soon as he can. So all we can do is wait. But keep in mind that it may take some time. Maybe even after the 1.0 final release. At this moment windows XP MCE and Vista MCE are the only applications supporting this card as far as I know. I've tried all freeware and open source solutions. Only MythTV (linux) has partial support because there is a beta driver for Linux for this card.

Zinu

Portal Pro
February 28, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Then I'll maybe just get the PVR one, since I actually don't really need the DVB-T support. But I heard the overall quality was worse then the HVR-2200. The PVR150 MCE is an option too ofcourse, in cooperation with TVserver.

And I actually have another question: the HVR-2200 dóes work with normal Windows Media Center, right?

Bram

Portal Pro
December 12, 2005
's-Hertogenbosch
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Yes, but may I add that Windows MCE (Vista and XP) doesn't even come close to the quality , support and flexibility of MP. I encourage you to try, but warn you for the results. For PVR functionality MP is the best option, for all other stuff XBMC. XBMC is especially interesting on the old XBOX, because you won't have to worry about hardware and it's very cheap (50-60 euro). With the XBMC Python plugin in development the XBOX is becomming even more interesting. This is my humble opinion of course.

Anyhow... The PVR-150(MCE) is the most widely supported card. But I still find it pretty expensive for a card that old. But quality is good and I would still recommend the card as the best option for analog TV.

Zinu

Portal Pro
February 28, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Okay, thank you. But I was just thinking about this: Since my digital cable provider doesn't have all channels Free-To-Air (UPC, The Netherlands), but some, isn't it possible to run an analog TV-card and a DVB-C card alongside of eachother? So like 50% of the channels in MP are digital and the rest analog?

Just a brainstorm, and I'm hoping this is possible.

Bram

Portal Pro
December 12, 2005
's-Hertogenbosch
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Absolutely! If you'd like, you could use 7 cards simultaneously. That is what actually has been tested and worked properly, although these were all analog, that shouldn't make any difference.

In theory you could use as many cards as you'd like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom