Home Country
Germany Germany
TV-Server Version: 1.00RC4
MediaPortal Version: 1.00RC4
MediaPortal Skin: BlueWide
Windows Version: Vista Business SP1
CPU Type: Inel Quad Q6600

Hello,

if I select a group in the EPG overview in the MP client (either TV or Radio), channel entries are displayed several times.
Channel-group contains: arte HD, Astra HD+, Anixe HD, Eins Festival HD

EPG screen shows following channels: arte HD, Astra HD+, Anixe HD, Eins Festival HD, arte HD, Astra HD+, Anixe HD, Eins Festival HD, arte HD, Astra HD+

The same for the radio EPG for groups with less than 10 channel resp. less channels than display lines.

I noted this behaviour since RC2 (first version I used).

CU

Jens

johnzered

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 20, 2008
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hi,

this is just how the guide is designed. Try a group with more than 10 channels and scroll down and you'll note that the first channel will eventually become visible again.

//johnzered

Jeggo

Portal Member
    July 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello John,

I noticed this "scroll around" feature in big lists too. In a big list this behaviour is not so bad, as you see each channel only once.

But when you have a small group (e.g. channels for children or HDTV), than there are less than 10 channels in this group. When you see a channel several times on the screen, to me it is extremly confusing and not a good design.

Is it possible to insert empty entries in a channel group? If this is possible, than this would solve the problem.
    Once you setup the channel groups you just enter the desired amount of empty channels to avoid the double entries.

But the best solution would be that the system itself inserts the empty channels.

CU

Jens

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom