Download multiple cover-art at movie import? (1 Viewer)

Zinu

Portal Pro
February 28, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
At this moment afaik only one bit of cover art is downloaded when importing a movie. Is there an option somewhere where I can change this? I often feel a cover is not to my liking, and to change it I have to go to the importer and manually download some more.

If it would just allow the user to set a number of choice being the amount of covers to download on movie import, so the user can choose whichever cover he/she likes from within Mediaportal.

Or is this already in MovPic, did I miss it maybe?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Assuming the movie has multiple covers available on the scraper source, you can just adjust the advanced settings to obtain more then 1 cover.

About -> Advanced Settings -> Cover Art -> Movie Importer -> Max Covers per Movie per Session

You can also adjust the "Minimum Cover Width" and "Minimum Cover Height" to allow more covers to be downloaded as a lot of sources do not match the minimum dimensions of (175x260), but you have to take the quality loss into account then.

I did the same for my backdrops actually, lowered them to 430x360, because I rather have a crappy low quality backdrop then nothing (these entries show up in the log file btw, so you can manually load up the source pictures to see if they satisfy your quality needs).

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Zinu the problem is that your primary source for cover art just doesn't have much of a selection. The way things work now is on a single import session, cover art will be pulled from one data source, and up to three covers will be pulled from that source. When you click refresh again, the plugin sees you already pulled all the artwork from the first source and then moves on to the second, so you then get more. Try switching your primary cover art data source to impawards.com.

Zinu

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Okay, thank you. That should do it. So the 'move to next scraper' thing that is there with movie details doesn't work with cover art?

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    It is there with cover art it just works slightly differently. I couldn't give you a good reason why, it's just the way it was done a year ago or so when I first wrote it. I thing a change is probably in order though. If you open an issue on the tracker about this behavior we will change it for Moving Pictures 1.1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom