Dreambox functions (1 Viewer)

Ian Collins

May 25, 2009
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hi, first of all, i'm new here and i hope this is the right forum for this question. I am planning the build of a Media center computer, and i've got a few questions before i start. obviously i want to use media portal sofware. But i want to use a dream box. But as far as i know from past experience with satelite tv boxes. You have to use the satelite box when you want to change channel. (now i'm running 20 satelite boxes, one for each channel, and all the channels going into one cable so i can change the channel on the tv's)

The actual question is: If i use the dream box, will all the nice functions on media portal, like the tv guide where all the channels are represented and the ability to control everything on the media center like changing channels still work, or will i have to still change channel on the dreambox itself.

Also. Is there any "dream box software" so that i don't have to use the actual dream box, but can just use a TV card to plug the cable into and decode within the media center computer?

I hope you understand the questions.

Thanks
Ian

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom