Dreambox plugin dev (1 Viewer)

knoop

August 8, 2006
Hi,

Can one of the MP developers please give me a short high level description of what is required to read the dreambox .ts stream and play it as live tv. Where is the best place to start. Creating some sort of fake tuner or can the TSStreamBufferPlayer9 class be modified? Basically I want to read the http stream from the dreambox which is the live TV. I really want to develop this. Advice will be much appreciated.

Thank You

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
June 13, 2006
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
You are not alone, let's hope the new TV Engine 3.0 offers an easy way to add "software" recording cards.

If we could stream the dreambox's TS stream (coming from HTTP) into the TV Engine, and it doesn't care if this TS stream comes from a "real" card or from the Dreambox everything should work automagically.

I mailed Frodo about this a while ago, but I guess he's very busy on the engine since I never heard anything back.

I'd be more than happy to co-develop this plugin once TV Engine 3 (beta) is out.

knoop

August 8, 2006
Hi, I have actually started work on this and have had a reasonable amount of success. Will let you know how it gets on.

knoop

August 8, 2006
tkortell said:
Would this plugin work so that you could whatch the stream from the dreamBox and also changeing chanel on the dreambox from within MediaPortal?

Thats the idea, yes.

tkortell

Portal Pro
April 13, 2005
Vaasa / Sulva
Home Country
Finland Finland
I hope this time this plug in will see the light of day. There have been some attempts before but the developer of the plug in has just suddenly disappeared.

Anyway, the work you do to make this plug in is greatly appreciated ;)

Regards / Tomas

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
You might wanna use MP's new TV engine plugin (will use IP/RTSP traffic), save double work and benefit from an already existing integration into MyTV. Either wait until it's in SVN or have a chat with Frodo if you catch him.

agusgudi

August 14, 2006
Using BitControl for Dreambox

Hi all,
I already watch my dreambox, my tuned channel over the network. Excuse my english, I will try to be my best explanation about what can I do now without any mediaportal plugin. Maybe for all of you dreambox fans what I explain here are old news but could be usefull for some newers.

I am using a codec from BitControl that let you view the dreambox at the channel tuned. The BitControl Dreambox Bundle let you view over the network what is tuned on your box with Windows Media Player. Then MediaPortal can view Dreambox streaming video. I am doing it right now. Just copy one of the MyRADIO shorcuts and changing the link to the dreambox as you put it on the WMP. And works just fine in my wifi lan.

The problems are: no Dreambox-OSD streamed from Dreambox; no switching channels from MediaPortal. Sure there are more unconfortable things from using it as is.

Everything I need is just an interface to list channels from the dreambox and the posibility to switch between them. There must be a way to watch recorded movies too, I am looking on it.

My investigations have reached that you can switch channels on a dreambox over the net opening a link pointing to the box and using a command in cgi-bin, you can get the channel list too. So, with a lot of effor you can create some kind of shortcuts in the MP to switch channels but is really unconfortable and not practical at all.

A simple remote control interface to dreambox is what I need.

I develop from time to time but I am using DELPHI programming, is anybody developing plugins for MP with DELPHI?? See some code and start testing and surely develop MP plugins.

Thanks
Bye

knoop

August 8, 2006
Ok, some good news. I've implemented a Dreambox virtual tuner card. Got the dreambox live feed playing in the TVplugin window. Works pretty well. Timeshifting works too. Still got to do the change channel and iron out a few issues as you can probably imagine. Keep you posted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom