Codecs Dropped Frames with MP only (1 Viewer)

ryan20021982

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 27, 2008
    USA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Got a weird problem with a new pc I just built, its the sandy bridge cpu with the Intel Graphics and everything work fine except I keep dropping frames in MP only everything plays fine in MPC and WMP. It will play for a minute and then freeze for about 30 seconds and then continue to play over and over again. I see in the EVR log it states that MP will Render at 50FPS but none of my videos are that so I imagine thats what is causing the problem but how do I fix it.

Using SAF6.0 with ffdshow and LAV as the codecs

Attached debug logs and some screens while playing with stats up

Attachments

• 20-01-25.png
      20-01-25.png
      661.9 KB
    • 20-02-14.png
      20-02-14.png
      681.9 KB

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Does it do this with all video files ?

The logs indicate that MediaInfo thinks it's a 25 fps file, but from the render stats it's actually 24 fps, so there's something a bit weird about it....

Tony

ryan20021982

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 27, 2008
    USA
    Home Country
    Ya I have tried a few different types from HD 720p tv shows, SD tv shows and then all different movies and same with everything

ryan20021982

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 27, 2008
    USA
    Home Country
    Well apparently I didn't wait long enuf while testing with MPC and WMP because they both do it too. So all video does it no matter the player.

I have this hooked up with VGA since my HDMI port died for some reason, could this have anything to do with it?

ryan20021982

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 27, 2008
    USA
    Home Country
    Turns out this was just the network driver, was weird though the way it would studder. It would sometimes go for 5 min fine and others 1 min. But fixed now

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Ryan

Nice to see you around again, I would be concerned about hdmi failure, replacement mobo maybe, how about any warranty, network meant to be the most reliable driver around, so surprised that caused a issue.

Regards

ryan20021982

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 27, 2008
    USA
    Home Country
    Hi Ryan

Nice to see you around again, I would be concerned about hdmi failure, replacement mobo maybe, how about any warranty, network meant to be the most reliable driver around, so surprised that caused a issue.

Regards

Opps guess I should have specified the HDMI failure is on the TV not the PC

And I figured the same with the driver but this is a brand new mobo with limited drivers and the ones on the Biostar website were the ones causing the problems, so I went to Realteks site and got theres and everything worked perfect.

Just glad I got it figured out, this this is flawless for MP now playing anything, pretty nice for a miniITX system

savocanberra

Portal Member
    September 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Just a note, getting a similar issue with frame rate drop.

My cause is the USB IR unit for the remote. Once I remove it from the usb socket the frame rates dont drop.

Looking for a work around tonight. by the way its a Fusion MCE HDTV remote and IR unit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom