DTS/Dolby gets disabled when pausing the movie. (1 Viewer)

flixxx

Portal Pro
December 7, 2007
MediaPortal Version: 1.1.3
MediaPortal Skin: StreamedMP
Windows Version: Windows XP SP2
CPU Type: Intel Atom dual core
Sound Card: Nvidia HDMI
Sound Card AC3: HDMI passthrough
MPEG2 Video Codec: SAF 4.0
MPEG2 Audio Codec: AC3filter
h.264 Video Codec: SAF 4
Remote: Harmony 880
TV: Samsung PN50A550
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

Hello,

I have recently upgrade mediaportal to 1.1.3 and StreamedMP. I reinstalled SAF4 as well after the upgrade and I enabled HDMI passthrough.

I am getting an odd issue with DTS or Dolby digital sound.

Everything works fine until I pause the movie my receiver goes from DTS back to PLII and the audio no longer works. I have to stop and replay the movie. This also happens when I try to enable subtitles.

This was not an issue with the previous version of Mediaportal.

Please let me know what logs I can provide to help rectify this issue.

flixxx

Portal Pro
December 7, 2007
Hi Martyman,

I ad tried SAF 5.01 but i wasn't succesful with it, I would get audio and video issues. SAF 4 is by far the best for me.

I had to revert back to my old mediaportal installation with the same configuration. I'll wait for a new version to come out and attempt again.

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    You say that you use NVIDIA HDMI for your sound card, but you don't say what your GPU is.

I used to use an NVIDIA 9400 for my video and I used to pass SPDIF via HDMI. On this range of cards the GPU doesn't process the sound, only pass it through using an SPDIF input on the board. With this setup I had similar problems but since SPDIF couldn't pass through anything higher quality than DTS the only benefit of using the HDMI was to reduce the number of cables. So to fix it I just ran a separate SPDIF cable from the back of my PC to my amp.

Is this an option for you, or do you passthrough HD DTS? If you do have one of the older GPUs which use the SPDIF cable from the motherboard, at least you might be able to use this method to fault find if it is the SPDIF or GPU causing the problem.

Robbo100

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom