[ATI] Dual displays on HD4200, problems detecting projector (1 Viewer)

shorns76

Portal Member
January 20, 2009
Home Country
Hi guys,

Posted this on some ATI forums but haven't had a lot of joy. I have a HD4200 on my ASUS mobo. Currently I have an epson projector hooked up to the DVI and an LCD monitor hooked up to the VGA. Both of these are 60hz 1080p capable. Up until recently i was running XP and had no problems. I have upgraded, well updated to win 7 and since then fairly randomly the HD4200 won't detect my projector. It only seems to do this if I have both the projector and monitor on, switch off the projector (say if i'm just listening to music) and then later go to switch it back on. It doesn't happen all the time but more often than not the projector won't get detected (even if I go into catalyst and force detection) and so I need to restart, then happiness and they both work again. It's infuriating because it used to be just fine on XP so it aint a hardware thing. I'm using the latest ATI drivers.

Hope someone can help

Sean

Andrew H

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Alabama
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I too have Win7 configured close but am using HDMI to my PJ. I'm running CCC 10.3 and although it always detects the HDMI input (when I switch on the A/V receiver & PJ) it's the HDMI audio - I get a popup stating something about an HDMI-to-DVI and that I have no audio device connected. So far I find a reboot is necessary to resolve this.

BTW how are you finding the HD4200 performs? I thought it was DXVA certified and ready for BD support... seems it is not?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom