Dual graphic card setup question (1 Viewer)

phunqe

Portal Pro
April 28, 2007
Hi,

before trying out this project (i.e pre-emptively saving me from popping a few veins and upsetting my blood pressure :p), I have a few questions.

I want to do the following:

1. Put in a second nVidia 275 card into my system. I have one already serving two screens.
2. Attach my HDTV to this second card through DVI-HDMI.
3. Use MediaPortal on the HDTV with my MCE remote while being able to work and use Windows (7) on the two other monitors like usual. The MCE remote input should not interfere at all with the work on the two monitors and the keyboard and mouse input should not interfere with MediaPortal. So really, I should be able to do whatever I want on my two monitors while someone else is using MediaPortal, controlling it with the remote.

So before I begin, is this even possible?

Thanks.

FreeFrag

Portal Pro
May 7, 2008
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hello,

I am not an expert on this matter but I've tried this out myself for a short period of time. Allowing MP to start at a certain screen is fully possible thru the configuration (or even prompt at startup which screen to start in).

The problem you are facing with this setup is using the MCE remote and only have it to control MP and not interfere with the keyboard and mouse on the other screens. It's been discussed in threads before but I don't think anyone solved it. Perhaps someone can confirm this?

Cheers
FreeFrag

phunqe

Portal Pro
April 28, 2007
It might be possible through EventGhost however. I remember controlling XBMC with EventGhost and if memory serves me right you could disable all Windows remote actions.

How is the performance? Does the application still need to be on the primary display for DX acceleration etc?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom